35.Loving the stars.

THE EPILOGUE•

~That was the night when I finally understood why he always loved the stars.~

Breathing into the ocean's mystical air, here I am today standing at the softest sand of the earth. The beach, a habitat where our love dwells.

The beach always takes me to an other world, to his world. As the water drifts towards my feet, gently caressing it with its cool sensation, it saddens me that the waves have to go back to mingle with the rest of the ocean. Jhope was just like those floating waves, gently touching me and disappearing, giving me something that no one could ever give.

Those waves carried a strong message, that everything comes to you for a reason. Jin also came to my life to teach me something. I was stupid that I didn't realize, the relation Jhope and I possesed was not just friendship, it was something more than that. Jin came to my life to make me realize the love for Jhope and what I was without him.

Jin was another face of darkness, who made me sink with him deep into the world of fears, but Jhope pulled me out and took me into his world. The world where love, faith and hope resided.

It's been a year since Jhope left me but what didn't leave me was his very essence. The essence that always brought me back to his realm. He always used to say,

《Stars pulls away sadness from one's soul. Believe in them.》

But did he know he was the star?

A star who shined for me, who will always shine for me. Every night I talk to him when he is flaring up there being all beautiful. A star always lives for others, guides people their way in darkness. So was he a star. A star who lived for my happiness.

I've read somewhere,

~A star must die, for an other star to be born.~

He may have left the world that night, but it wasn't his destruction, it was his birth.

The sun is a beautiful star, and its light would always remind me of his touch. Whenever the sunlight touches me, it brings back all the memories of him. As the sunlight is doing today.

His touch was just like the sunlight. So warm, so pleasing. And the way the sunlight wraps around me, makes me quiver in delight knowing it's him. The winds that touch my bare face feels like him. He is everywhere, I feel him everywhere, in the sun, in the stars, in the winds. His touch is immortal. I can never be alone when I know I have him all around me. He talks to me through the sunlight, the stars.

Jhope, it's been a year, yet I try to visit this scared place, the beach daily but I'm so consumed in my studies. Yes, as promised I'm continuing my career in Seoul University. I try to laugh a bit more, smile a bit more and hide the pain that's still in me. I try to be normal. Yet, sometimes I fail hiding those scars your memories have given me.

I still remember those long, romantic walks we used to take just near the shore. Holding hands, gazing at the mystical beauty of the sky when it portrayed sunset.

Jhope, I want to tell you that still every single day I miss you, every night that we've spent together in each other's embrace, melting into each other's touch. And you know what was the most fascinating moment to me? It was waking up and having you beside me still sleeping with the softest and most purest smile on your face. The innocence on your face is what brings me back to life.

And our kisses that existed only a few seconds, to me seemed like eternity. It wasn't just the collision of lips, but the meeting of two souls.

The nights that we've spent locked in each other's fragrances, gazing at the celestial world up there, when you made me love the stars and brought into my consciousness their vital existence. You made me love them so I wouldn't be blinded by the darkness, so that fears wouldn't touch me.

~I would always love the stars, I would always love you Jhope.~

This is what I am, a strong girl. The girl who exists because of you.
You're a part of me now and I would carry you with me forever.

NOTE TO SELF:
Love is selfless.
▪ Endings can be beautiful too.
▪ Death never ends things, It's just the beginning.
▪ A person who lives for others, never dies.

~~~~

I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I'M DONE WITH THIS STORY. OMG.
*claps for herself and the readers who supported me throughout.*고마워요🙆

~Okay so guys, Note to self is kind of a message that'll be placed at the end of each of my stories.
Basically, It's the message that my stories try to give to you and the lessons that life teaches us.~