Bunny

Zach's POV.

On regaining consciousness, I first processed the little bunny hopping over, and then the God left behind frustrated and fuming. I could the difficulty when she tried to sit down without putting too much body weight on her sprained ankle which had swollen up to the size of a baseball.

Finally settling in with one leg stretched and the other folded, she took hold of my hand in her small ones. With willful concentration she checked my pulse, evidently losing count twice or thrice.

Completing the examination with a triumph smile her hands reached up to my neck, obviously not in its best state when her childlike face morphed with concern.

I obliged to turn my neck to the side when she motioned me to do so and was yelled into stopping when I winced. I snuffled my chuckles while she decided whether to ask me to turn it back or just let it remain the same, facing away.

Taking pity, I turned my face back to her keeping the pain from revealing through my expression. No longer wanting to put herself in the dilemma, she dragged herself around me to get a three-sixty view.

As she pulled away my neckband to crunch her nose at the bruises over my collarbones, I sat mesmerized by her ever-changing eyes. Specks of violet in its brightest shade expanded from her pupils like a blooming flower.

Thus her eyes flashed violet every now and then, giving me only a second in it its presence each time, before disappearing to her natural dark brown.

I remembered how the King had slowly and hesitantly reached out his hand to stop her when she turned on her heels to come to my side. To this second he had remained like a forgotten statue by a gifted craftsman, his pupils of hellfire never leaving her with their eagle-like precision.

I guess nothing was as surprising as the power she held over the God of the Underworld.

"lyyy dowwn" She commanded in her squeaky voice, and not wanting to anger the little bunny, I laid down only to lift myself back up to watch her strode away to the God, the pain from the sprain dulled in the alcohol.

With purpose she walked over to him, only to take an abrupt turn to the right a feet from him to disappear into the woods. I almost acquired internal injuries with the effort put behind to hold in my laughter and dared not a glance at Hell and his steeds.

"Stay away leaf." Her voice sounded a few minutes later and got up with the support of my elbows, soon to realize what she meant. With over ten uprooted plants and shrubs held in her hands, she walked with a good portion of her face covered. Giving meaning to her nickname, her head popped from the edges to give herself a rough idea of where she was headed.

She was no longer limping with her body hovering half a feet over the ground, and the steps took like on stone pavements. It was hard to tell whether she just didn't notice or didn't care.

Dropping down the vegetation, she patted her clothes, but it didn't help the mud splashed over her top, the dust on her knees, the wind ruined hair, and the speck of dirt on her nose.

"Hold on." She said pulling me up and steadying me with a hand around my waist.

With the teamwork of "three", I was "helped" to the tree that caved inwards. Each time I tripped, I was roughly pulled back, courtesy, the God of the Underworld before I could crush her with my body weight. The ten feet journey left me with more injuries than before.

She looked like a mad scientist with her creepy smile and deranged hair when working with the plants she collected. Suddenly she raised her bottle and looked pointedly at Hades, instantly the empty bottle was filled to its brim with water.

The God growled with disapproval, as she ones again tore a strip from her tattered blue top.

Lining the cloth piece with the gooey green paste she prepared, she wrapped it around my neck. "You will be fine." After the passing of the initial disgust towards its stickiness, the pain indeed got better.

She redid the older knots leaving me with admiration and in the wonder of what she was for she wasn't a demigod or nymph. Satisfaction shone in her face as I relaxed more.

The ambiance had ones again grown cold and dark when I had absentmindedly tried to remove the leaf blade stuck her bangs. When the sky cleared again, she seemed to have remembered something and rushed to my bag.

Feeling through the items she finally pulled out a woolen blanket I had brought. Giving it a quick dusting she jogged towards the God who had gone stiff.

Was she going to strangle him with it? I thought and almost jumped up to my feet when she tripped over her own feet reminding me that she was still drunk. Fortunately, she remained suspended and was slowly brought down.

She instantly got up on her knees and motioned him to come closer. Holy Zeus, is she really going to strangle him?

Just as he bends over, she threw the blanket over his head, mouthing a single word with clarity.

"Reckless"

The face that had frozen over centuries and one that never flinched witnessing the downfall of countless kingdoms and empires now looked at the smiling young girl with shock and awe. The gesture that had seemed silly must have had a deeper meaning, one unknown to any other.

She smiled at him before swaying backward. Before she could hit the ground, he scooped her up in his arms. Her struggles to get free were in vain.

After realizing her struggles to get free were in vain, she relaxed in his hold. Nuzzling her face into the folds of the soft looking fabric, she fell asleep in his arms. His expression had turned undecipherable as he carefully got onto his chariot.

I held in my breath when the dagger she had thrown off earlier shot out to my face and missed it by a centimeter to dig into the tree back. When the eyes of hellfire turned me, I started praying.

The very next second the ground under me parted, engulfing me.

                      The book's being edited, the taken down chapters will be republished