A Hell Worth of Rumours

We pass through a portal rippling open in space and my eyes close in the blinding light of the land it take us through to.

As my eyes adjust I imagine myself as a cartoon character with jaws slacked open to the floor and tongue rolling out like a red carpet as I fall into a trance.

Never once did I imagine I could ever compare a place to the Underworld much less debate which outshined the other.

Lush with refreshing greenery with the air enchanted by the fragrance of millions of flowers and a sky so blue without the covers of clouds, every part was in vibrant details, in this kingdom from fairy tales.

The spell the beauty of the land cast was suddenly broken when I realise how Hades wasn't wearing a hood leaving him exposed to the glaring sun.

My heart race in panic as I shoot up loosening the sleeves of my sweatshirt over my fingers.

Hades turns away from the reins searching for the reason for worry of the one stumbling over to him.

Without a word of warning I grab a handful of the sikly cloak to pull down the startled god and as he attempts to pull back in reflex I tug harder ordering. "Stay still."

In quick succession I retract my hands to move them to his face hesitating only a second before I suffocate him with my sleeves.

I grow flustered as patches of skin still lay uncovered since my sleeves weren't  wide enough. And while I panicked he grew quieter not letting me know if he was hurt or in pain.

In a last minute idea, I lay my forhead against his before moving my hands to either side to shield his placcid face which was now shadowed by my own.

I look for signs of distress well aware of his calm predatory gaze and soon let out the breath I held in relief.

His clock would have been of great help, if only I could reach it.

But as if he had finally deciphered the password to my thoughts he laughs but does not move away as his fingers curl around mine finally letting light into my much hardworked quarantine.

His grip is still firm as he straightens to his towering height with a smile still teasing the tips of his crimson lips.

"The source of the light in Olympus isn't the sun. It can not bring me harm." He explains and his face falls blank but his eyes do not lie.

I give a light nod managing to stop myself from jumping off the chariot in embarrassment .

Knowing well enough of my embarrassment he lets go off my left hand to run his fingers through my damp hair fortunately not falling prey to the traps of knots.

I yelp in protest but his grip keeps me from evading his claws till he is thoroughly satisfied with his art.

Grimacing with displeasure for his work I ready myself to pounce the second he lets go, but I remember how we clearly weren't on talking terms and so as my hand slides free of his grasp, I turn to return to my seat.

Within seconds my attention was once again claimed by the unfamiliar surrounding that shone in the brightest of days in sharp contrast to the kingdom I loved of star-lit nights.

Hades never looked as indulged as I am casting only indifferent gazes as he navigated through the rich meadows.

But as I decided whether or not to pry him for some info of Olympus I heard neighs of different temperament that Hades' steads.

Suddenly a group of eight armed men atop winged horses came into clear sight circling around the black chariot in a well synchronised pattern.

"They are our escorts." Hades reassuringly nods even as I tried to keep on a calm facade.