Restrained

There was this time when I had a quick nap in the afternoon, and when I woke up, I thought it was the next day morning and so I brushed my teeth!! When I finally got my brain back, I was like "what the hell am I even doing!!!??"

I did not stick around for Will's explanation and sprinted out of the room only to come back soon after. "Will you be okay Greene?" The smile he had on faltered in a moment of surprise before he replied.

"I am healthy as a half-dead horse chased around by the God of death." He paused and suddenly as if he remembered he was meant to assure me he blurted out. "As healthy as a living-horse, who is not being chased by the God of death." I felt my forehead crease. "What I mean is that though the wounds were deadly being inflicted by Lord Hades himself and all, I am still..." He trailed off, realizing that he wasn't really "assuring" me in any way.

Before he could speak again, it was Will who intercepted. "What he means to say is that he will be fine, you don't have to worry. I will look after him."

"You would?" The question came at Will from both sides; Greene's astonishment no different from mine.

Will nodded sparing none a single glance as he poured water into a glass and handed it over to Greene saying. "I am doing it right now." Greene contemplated before taking hold of the glass of water but dared not take a sip.

Will then looked at me as if to ask. "Did you see?"

But even then I had to ask. "You promise?"

When Will nodded, I ran out of the room but came back in again taking them by surprise. "Pass me the bag." I pointed at it near Greene's bed. Will picked it up and brought it to me, and I quickly swung it over my shoulder and walked out with a goodbye.

Ten feet away from the door, I threw my arms in the air with frustration and jogged back. Will had only just returned to his seat and seeing my head peek in again he stood up while Greene held in his laughter which looked painful as I asked with a sheepish-smile.

"Where's Hades room?"Will chuckled. "Just think about the person or place you want to find, and simply walk." "That's so freaking cool" I exclaimed. "Is that how you find me every time?" He nodded calmly saying. "Don't get hurt on the way and don't do anything stupid."

As I silently cursed Will for taking me for a child, Greene decided to add to the provocation when I was already past the door. "Yeah, like tripping on thin air."

I halted my steps, this time going back with an evil grin. Greene held up his hands to protect his face predicting a punch, but they were in for a surprise.

"By the way, I kind of ship you two." I pointed at each of the concerned individuals. "A very cute couple the two of you will make." My grin grew wider with each word. I saw the pillow coming before Greene threw it.

Stepping to the side I let it hit the door and left pleased with myself with the havoc that I caused."That is not possible!!" One of them protested as I basked in their displeasure and complains. "Are you gay?" Greene seemed to have asked earning a very clear "Shut up." from Will.I love it when the plan comes together.

Picturing the haunting eyes of a certain god, I unconsciously increased my pace letting the magic of the palace lead me. Will he still not want to see me and what was with not letting anyone enter his room. His fever must have shot up and been as proud as he is, he must have not wanted to ask for help.

Coming upon a familiar corridor I slowed coming to stop in front of the large wooden door. The determination and courage I had a minute ago left without a warning goodbye.

The guards looked at me intently as I stared at the door, their jaw threatening to slack mistaking my puzzlement for wanting to ask for permission before entering. Finding their expressions quite entertaining, I fiddled with the hem of my top looking nervous.

I reached out my hand as if wanting to knock. When the guard closest to me leaned onto the wall for support, I kicked open the door and closed it swiftly behind me on entering.

My mood soon turned solemn in the dim room, the only source of light was from the moon which the roof opened to over his canopy bed. Selene the Goddess of the moon must have smiled as her light grew brighter, bathing the sleeping God of the underworld in her soft glow.It highlighted his cheekbones with the shadow it cast, his fair skin like the smooth surface of a jade drew one's eyes to his pale red lips pressed in an unchanging straight line. When my breathing seized, the room grew silent almost like a picture.

It was then I realized the uncanny stillness, the lack of even breathing. Rushing forward, I got on the bed, gently turning him onto his back.

In the moment of panic, I touched his eyelid gently prying it open with a finger. When the long dark lashes gave away, an amber iris which shone silver in the moonlight focused on me. And when both his eyes opened, I moved my hand up to his forehead checking for a fever but grew annoyed when realizing Will had tricked me.

Lost in my thoughts, I did not notice the pair of eyes gazing at me with amusement. When I finally met their dreamlike glow, I got off the soft bed with my hands raised in surrender as I skipped back seven feet. "I can explain."

The silk blankets slid off his shoulders as he sat up with one knee drawn up to support the elbow of the hand that combed through his disheveled hair.

"Will," I said as if it was an explanation in itself. "He said that you were very sick and you weren't allowing anyone to enter your room."

"William said that?" He asked trying to piece together something I was not let on.

I nodded and after a minute of eerie silence, I commented. "You weren't breathing you know?""Breathing for us isn't necessary." His eyes drifted back onto mine, and I shifted my focus away. A simple 'Oh' was all I managed. From the corner of my eyes, I watched him get up, and he stood for a second with his back facing me. "Why are you here?"

It somehow pissed me off. "I was worried about you," I said which came out sounding more angrier than I intended it to be. When my words met utter silence, I let him know. "I am going home." I turned towards the door already regretting my confession. But my path was blocked by something invisible, which later seemed to bound around my body.

All body movements were restrained, except for my head which I shook around in protest with loosing of my voice.

"Let's go for a walk," He says as he walks past me towards the door and like a puppet tied to strings, I floated behind him with my legs levitating off the ground.Where is he taking me?

                                               HADES!!!

                                               HADES!!!

Hope you like the chapter. please to support my work by voting

                                   and do share your views.

                                           love you all:)