Lord Hades

A day later, Demeter visited again, but without confirming of my meeting with the Oracle, proceeded to explain the details of the trip, and of the things I would have to bring along.

The whole adventure was supposed to take at most a week, and fortunately the goddess, guaranteed to take care of my absence on earth.

I stared at the calendar hanging on the wall, and the stricked off dates left me ten days till the one marked with a bright red pen - the day I was to return home after the month long stay.

It felt as the hours were going to slip through my fingers, while the things I had to get done were too big for my hands to hold.

It seems, I am running out of time.

The afternoon passed in a blur with the preparations, and pleased by the results I tucked away the fully stuffed back pack under my bed, and slung another over my shoulders by the time the moon reflected the smile of the sun.

And having become more brazen with each try, I snuck out through the front door when John, the last to fall asleep, passed out before the television.

In the dark, my feet took me towards the ancient ruins, like a muscle memory. There was not a sliver of hesitation when I jumped in, unafraid of the force that dragged into its depths.

And when the ground came running to my feet, gravity overturned the rules of mathematics and physics, and weakened. I landed with an impact too feeble to even move dust, and regaining my balance I walked out into the land that never failed to take my breath away.

Overcome by a childish thought, I skipped through the wide stretching meadow, as if springs were attached to my feet, believing myself to be an elegant ballerina who spread colour to the otherwise meek world,
with her every twirl.

But a soft chuckle delivered an honest opinion, and the King unlike his usual indifference, seemed obliged to comment. "I didn't know you could...dance."

Why?!?!?

I stopped myself from dropping to my knees and start bawling, instead intended to seem natural as I turn to meet the speaker's gaze.

But contrary to my expectations, I sensed myself resemble an old wooden door that creeked when I looked back.

He saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it, and his crimson lips adorn a small smile.

Amused, at my strange capability, the god neared in ceremonial garments of red and gold. And just as I had began to retreat as if nothing had happened, a peculiar idea came to mind.

Having been fascinated by the powers Sakura had said to possess, I wiggled my fingers before his ever captivating face, and looked deep into amber eyes.
"You will forget what you just saw," I said with a wintry undertone.

"No."

Was it pity that I just saw in his eyes? I sulked, as he walked past me and headed for his home.

"Do you know where I can find William?" I ask the guard stationed before the room I had once peeked into to realise was the armoury.

He bowed before replying, which I was quick to return. "The general is away on an errand to Olympus."

"Will he be back soon?" I asked in a hurry when Hades turned back, stopping not too far away.

"I am sorry, I do not know." He once again bowed, and after a pause I awkwardly said.

"Thank you. Have a good day."

Hades had began to walk on ahead, and
I trailed behind purposefully to ask around for Olivia, and to my luck found her returning from the training grounds along with a few familiar faces.