The Enemy is a Bully

Unnecessarily paranoid, cold sweat stuck my clothes to the skin tingling with goosebumps. "Hades?" But once again it was only an illusion of fluttering lashes.

There was no fatigue to his serenity, no creases of dehydration on his lips but his body radiated the the heat from his blood and paled skin brought the sorrow within beauty.

His hand falls limbly to the soft mattress when I let go, with no pulse to talk of a beating heart and with rising paranoia I leave his side in hesitant steps to the doors whose locks were already checked twice before.

But things weren't the same when I returned. Half way across the threshold I freeze for there was uninvited guest by the linen curtains, the wind still shut off by closed windows.

In white a man sat in a trance like state within the pages of the book he held. His robe, pure white the kind untouched by hands and devoid of dust and with my heart in my throat I retreat my steps without a sound after looking to the god who lay undisturbed.

To my memory there were swords lined in display  in the halls and looking through the ancient collection I unhinge the shortest, its weight still threatening to dislocate the bones of my wrist.

And cat like I padded to the bechamber, very much needing a second to calm the blood rushing to my brain in a mad race.

And as if nothing was out of place I walk in, intending to reach the bed before a low chuckle leaves the intruders lips.

Silver eyes, distinctly familiar were lowered to the worn out pages and when his fingers pinch the edge in a neat fold of a remainder I move the sword away from sight.
"Why are you here?" Failing to hide the obvious displeasure I question the god of the sun.

And when the friendliest of smiles upturn his lips, every overlooked details like puzzle pieces fall in place to point to a frightening truth.

Apollo was Grace's father and Hades being the indirect cause of her death might have been the reason to the enmity, but it was maybe also the key to a mystery.

The source of light in Olympus isn't the sun, it brings me no harm.
Hades had told me, and it was easy to connect to how after the sun god' arrival his health deteriorated steadily and now these facts unquestionably  pointed to...

"I am not the enemy." He laughs closing shut the book which later disappears, his stance relaxed like at home. "You can put away your weapon."

"Sorry." Managing to seem bashful I bring the sword to my shoulder treating it like a baseball bat. "I thought you were someone else."

He chuckles again, casually commenting, "Of course you did." And I could swear the vein on my forehead bulged. "I came to check on you."

My smile was so fake it turned ugly. "How very kind of you." In two strides I was between him and the bed feeling as though I was balancing on a tightrope only hoping for Will to return quickly.
"And I am perfectly fine as you can see."

It looked as though he did not want to smile but still showed me his teeth."So you want me to leave."

"Yes."

The golden sun between his brows dims with silver eyes hauntingly bright and his tone like chilly nights. "Is it because you don't want your beloved Lord Hades harmed?"

Author' note: Chapter dedicated to Sassy_diva_doll because I know you love Apollo. Peace.♡

I felt a throbbing pain on my wrist on being grabbed and whirled around at the same time.
A white robe was blocking away my view of the bed as I find myself stuffed into the chair he previously sat on.