32

Cyrus

Zzz Zzz

I groaned and grabbed the phone then flung it against the opposite wall.

It remained silent for a few seconds before ringing even louder. I hate my sister, honestly hate her. Here I was trying to sleep and she was blowing my phone up.

I got up and picked up the phone. Not even one single crack. I glanced at the time and sighed before answering.

“Belle it’s two in the morning.”

“YOU TOLD HER YOUR TRUE IDENTITY?!”

I winced and removed the phone from my ear.

"Uhm, I thought-"

"YOU STUPID TROLL! DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS?!"

"I'm sorry. I just wanted-"

"YOU! YOU! YOU! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU CYRUS! YOU'VE JUST ENDANGERED OUR ENTIRE WORLD! I HOPE IT WAS WORTH IT!"

And with that, she hung up.

💘

“Where are you going?” Gemma asked as I came down the stairs.

“Next door. I need to see Camila.” I replied and poured myself some orange juice.

“No! I will not allow you to go and tell her more about us! Do you know what you did when you told her about our existence? She’s a danger to all of us!” Gemma seethed.

I rolled my eyes and ignored her.
“She deserved to know. She’s half Cupid. Besides, what I tell her is none of your business so please leave me alone.”

I started walking towards the front door when she lunged at me.

“Stop! You can’t go looking for her!”

“And why not? Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t beat you up right now and go looking for the love of my life?”

She squinted her eyes at me. “You make me sick, Cyrus Strauss. How can you possibly fall in love with one of those disgusting creatures?”

My anger flared at her words. “Don’t you dare call her that! The only reason I haven’t laid a hand on you is because I don’t want my hands to stink of your blood when I go to Camila.”

“Cyrus! Snap out of it! She belongs to Harry and he belongs to her. There’s no way you could possibly be with her! Why can’t you see that?” She yelled.

“I love her. I love her more than I love myself. I would give up everything, including my immortality just to be with her. Why do you care so much what I feel for her?”

She grabbed at me desperately. "Because you should be with me! Cyrus you wouldn’t have to give up anything for me.”

I removed her fingers from my shirt and took a step back.

“But that’s the thing, Gemma. I don’t want you. I want her.”