54

Harry

"Give me anything you can. I just need it. Like now." I said into the phone.

"Yes sir. Luckily you live near our headquarters so the car should be arriving in a maximum of ten minutes." The woman on the phone replied.

"Thank you." I told her before hanging up.

I called Hunter but his phone was still turned off.

I called Camila but she wouldn't pick up.

I was getting frustrated and scared. I kept trying to call but she wouldn't pick up.

I suddenly had an idea and called Andres instead.

"Sup, what do you want now? You just left a minute ago." He said as soon as he picked up.

"What? Where's Camila? She's not answering her cell." I replied.

I heard shuffling on the other end. "I thought she left with you."

"When? I haven't been to your house lately." I replied in surprise.

"Wait so that wasn't you just a minute ago?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose in an effort to calm myself down.

Taking a deep breath, I replied. "No, Andres. I haven't been to your house in ages."

"Something really weird is going on. I saw your car outside just a while ago. Camila hugged you then you both got in then Camila said you two would be right back."

"Andres, that was not me. Maybe you saw someone else's car. Do you know when she's coming back though?" I asked.

"Uhm no. She left her phone here. But bring her back ali-"

I cut the call just as I heard a car horn outside.

I went out and found a car parked outside the gate.

"Uhm hello are you from the cab service?" I asked the man standing beside the car.

"Yes sir. I'm Thomas and I'll drive you wherever you need to go." He answered.

I locked my front door and headed for the gate.

"Thanks Thomas but uhm, I'll drive myself. Here are a few bucks for another ride— you can keep the change." I said, shoving a roll of notes into his hands.

"But sir, you are injured and it's my job—"

"I know. I'll be fine. Just go."

I climbed inside the car and thankfully the keys were still inside.

I started the car and headed for Hunter's house.

Camila wasn't answering and Andres had already told me that she'd left with someone in my car.

Either Andres was imagining things or someone hijacked my car: wouldn't be the first time it happened anyway.

I tried calling Hunter again to make sure he was safe but his phone was off!

Suddenly I had an idea. I looked through my contacts quickly as I was driving and found him: Cyrus.

I hit the call button and waited for him to pick up.

"C'mon, c'mon. Cyrus answer your phone! Why isn't anyone answering their phones?!" I yelled in frustration.

I cut the call and flung my phone into the passenger seat.

I was exasperated yet scared at the same time. All I knew was that Camila was in trouble and I needed to help her.

Due to speeding and going through a few (not so few) red traffic lights, I got there in just under 20 minutes.