60

Harry

“Camila.” I groaned.

I was in pain.

So much pain.

I couldn't feel my injured arm but the rest of my body was on fire.

I felt like I was in flames. My lungs and throat felt raw as if I had been breathing smoke.

Smoke. Hunter. He threw smoke at me.

Was that even possible?

There were voices around me but I couldn’t tell if they were real or not— they all sounded so far away. I tried to listen closely but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. In between the rushed and urgent voices was an annoying beeping sound.

“Hunter.” I muttered.

I didn’t even know if that was his real name. Hunter. He wasn’t who I'd thought he was. He wasn’t my friend— he wasn’t even human.

"I'm done with the spell. If he's alive, he won't remember anything." A female voice spoke.

"Here the ambulance comes. Let's get out of here. The humans will see if he's still alive." I heard.

What was going on?

Where was I?

What had happened?

Suddenly I heard louder voices- different ones. After a few minutes, I could hear what they were saying.

“His vitals are getting better but we might lose him.” A female muttered.

“Hang in there, buddy, we’re almost there.” A male voice stated.

I tried to talk or even move but couldn’t. The effort of reaching out for the voices was suddenly too much for me. I wanted to sleep. The voices were too loud.

The last thing I heard before the deafening silence engulfed my ears was a long, loud beep.