52

Camila

"Camila I can't just stay here while you're crying all alone! I won't! Just sit still and wait for me. Don't go anywhere."

"Harry-"

He hung up before I could finish my sentence.

I put the phone on the couch and pulled my sweater sleeves down so that I'd be warmer.

It wasn't cold in the house at all but I was freezing. It could've been the fact that I was scared out of my wits.

I was paranoid. Extremely paranoid.

I felt like I was being watched everywhere I went and the letters had kept coming: more and more each day.

I'd tried to keep it from Andres but I couldn't fool him. He found the letters himself and after an hour or so of badgering me about it, I told him the whole truth.

"Do you need a blanket?" Drey asked me.

I jumped, releasing a tiny scream.

"Don't do that! You sca-scared me!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean-hey are you crying?! Camila what's wrong?" He asked.

He took off the apron he was wearing and walked to the couch I was sitting on.

"No-no-nothing." I lied.

"Are you feeling paranoid again? Can you feel him watching you?" He asked me softly.

I nodded furiously as the tears fell. I couldn't explain how I felt to him because he wouldn't get it.

He thought that I was being irrational and that I was imagining things but that was the furthest thing from the truth.

I just knew that someone was stalking me: I could feel  it.

Every single fibre of my being stood on high alert as if it sensed that danger was coming. My heart was beating fast: too fast and I almost felt like I couldn't breathe.

I could hear the loud, hard thumps in my ears and it scared me. It terrified me.

I was getting tired of always being on edge and I wanted it to stop. I needed it to stop.

"Camila-"

Beep!

I shot up and peeped through the closed blinds.

It was Harry's car.

"It's Harry! He came!" I exclaimed.

"What? Camila wait-"

I ignored my brother and literally raced out the front door.

He'd come. He had actually come.

My eyes were swimming with tears by the time I reached the figure standing beside the car.

I reached out and squeezed him in a tight hug.

My anxiety and paranoia disappeared as he held me in his arms. I felt so safe and the familiarity of him was so inviting and special.

My heart swelled. He would protect me. I just knew he would.

I squeezed him tighter.

"Oh, my love. You came for me." I said.

He didn't say anything. I felt my heart skip a beat. Something was wrong.

Suddenly the arms that were hugging me weren't familiar anymore. They were bulkier and tougher.

He didn't smell like the ocean anymore either. He smelt like...pine trees.

My heartbeat accelerated. I tried to pull away and see who I was hugging but the strong arms kept me in place.

"I told you that I'd come for you, my dearest Camila."

My body suddenly froze in fear. This wasn't Harry. It was-

I pulled away and looked into the eyes of the person who had been stalking me.

"You!" I exclaimed.

He smiled. But it wasn't the same smile that I'd seen him wear before. It looked...crooked and sinister.

"Surprise, surprise." He whispered.