45

Harry

Hunt: Dude come pick me up

Harry: I told you that I'm coming! I'm just a little late

Hunt: Why? Were you up all night making another stupid poem for Camila?

Harry: No. You know I was with you last night.

Hunt: But you left the party early

Harry: Look, I don't wanna argue with you, ok? I'll be there to pick you up in a second.

Hunt: 😒 Yeah right

I ignored him and climbed into my car. If I spent my time entertaining him, I'd be late.

I started the car and headed for Camila's house. I wanted to drop off her gift.

I knew that she was probably at her baking classes and that she'd be busy the whole day so I figured I'd drop it off and let her call me when she got it.

I climbed out of the car and placed the plainly wrapped gift on her doorstep. Hopefully no one would steal it.

Then I got inside the car and drove off towards Hunter's house. He was obviously angry at me for leaving his party early the previous night and he blamed it all on Camila.

I sighed and stopped at a red traffic light.

I was nervous for some reason. I couldn't explain it: it was almost as if I knew something was about to happen.

The traffic light turned green and so I drove off.

Suddenly the sound of horns blaring attacked the air and before I could look for where it was coming from, a strong force smashed into my car, on my side.

I barely felt the pain as shock consumed my whole body. I opened my eyes and suddenly the pain enveloped me, almost suffocating me.

I tried to reach for my phone or something but my vision was blurry and I felt extremely dizzy.

Sirens wailed in the distance and the sounds of human screams and yells pounded my head, making it more painful to stay conscious.

I wanted to sleep. To let oblivion come and take away the pain but not yet. Not until I'd seen the person who'd hit me.

With as much effort as I could summon, I turned my neck and tried to find the other driver.

My body fought for sleep and dragged me into unconsciousness unwillingly.

The last thing I saw before my vision turned black was a head of blonde hair.