chapter 9

chapter nine
date

october 14 2017

"why are you getting ready at my house today?" madelaine asked while typing away on her phone. she was smiling like a damn idiot so she was probably texting wonwoo.

"because i don't want my dad to flip out when hansol knocks on the door saying he's taking me on a date. he's protective you know." i say, finishing straightening my short brown hair. i look over at madelaine and she's staring at me, smirking. "what?" i questioned.

"you just called it a date." her smirk only growing. "huh? no i didn't." i defended. "yeah, you did." she challenges "no, i didn't." i defended myself again. it's not a date. he never said it was a date. 

"'i don't want my dad to flip out when hansol knocks on the door saying he's taking me on a date meh meh meh'" she mocked in my voice making me roll my eyes while putting on lipgloss, the one you peel off to stain your lips "extra days at the diner?" madelaine asked, pointing at my lipgloss. "yeah, why do you think i'm late to support group most of the time?" i asked letting my lipgloss dry.

we hear a knock on the door and my heart skips a beat. "he's here." madelaine smiled getting up. "i'll tell him to wait a second but you better hurry your cute ass up." she smiled, getting up from her comfortable position on the bed. i nodded in response. she walked downstairs and i heard them greeting each other.

i started to peel off the lipgloss making my lips look a natural pink colour. i smile at my appearance. my brown eyes looking good with the eyeliner, my freckles starting to disappear because of the cool and quite gloomy weather. my eyebrows actually looking symmetrical, my nose actually looked like a button nose. i ruffled my really short hair, put on my harry potter looking glasses and i'm pretty satisfied.

i finally decide to go downstairs and hansol smiled at my appearance. i was loose denim jeans that i rolled up, a white and red thin striped shirt with with with keds.

"you look beautiful." his words made my cheeks turn a crimson colour. "thanks, you look," i look at him up and down, seeing that he was wearing. he was wearing a blue thin striped shirt, a grey jacket, and black jeans. he looks undeniable cute while his black hair fell in front of his face.

"cute." i finished my sentence with a smile. a blush formed on his cheeks while he smiled shyly. "thanks. so, you ready for our date?" he asked. "so it is a date?" i asked while madelaine smirked. "i-i mean, i don't know, did i say it was? do you want it to be? i don't know, i'm rambling aren't i?" he asked many questions making me giggle.

"it's a date." i smiled. we just smiled at each other, looking at each other up and down. "cmon kiddos, let's get a move on. have fun on your date." madelaine smiled, pushing us out the door. the door closed behind us, leaving us by ourselves.

"shall we go?" he asked me and i nodded "let's." we walked over to his little car that his parents let him use for the day. i get in on the passenger side while he starts his car. we close our doors and he pulls out an empty rubber ducky pencil case. "put your phone in this, we're not gunna need it for the rest of the day." he smiled. i look at him questionably and put my phone in the case along with his.

he zips it up and puts it in the back seat, he reverses out of the driveway and off we go to who knows where. he turns on the radio and harry styles sign of the time comes on and we belt out the lyrics. he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers making me smile and stop singing. he looks over at stops as he smiled cheekily.

"shut up! shut up! it's the best part!" i scream and turn up the volume as harry sings his high notes. "we got to get away! we got to get away! we got to get away! oh we got to we got to run!" i sung out, completely forgetting hansol was in the car. "we got to we got to run! we got to we got run!" we both sang, well, hansol tried.

"i know i'm terrible." he laughed "no you weren't that bad. i'm sure if you sang something more soft and low pitched then you would sound really good." i told him, giving him some confidence. "you think?" he asked and i nodded "yeah of course i do."

"sofia always loved when i sang lullabies to her when she was little. in the hospital after the accident, i sung to her again, the first time in years." he smiled, looking at the road. "you guys must be close huh?" i asked and he nodded while squeezing my hand "very."

"how's she doing by the way?" i asked "still in therapy, almost fully healed and is happy that i'm feeling better." he told me with and smile. "that's good, i'd love to meet her someday is that's cool."

"yeah, when do i get to meet your mom?" he asked and i shrugged "soon, once she gets back from her business trip." i promise him and he smiled in response. "good." we drive the rest of the way in silence, the music at medium volume, hand in hand, and me admiring all of hansols features.

"close your eyes and don't you dare peek." he instructed and i just laughed "what you think this is a game? close your damn eyes!" he laughed. "fine." i chuckled, putting my free hand over my eyes. "we're 2 minutes away, don't peek."

within a couple minutes, hansol parked the car and took his hand away from mine. "hansol i swear if you leave me in the damn car-" i start and he laughed while opening my door. "i would never." he reached over and unbuckled my seat belt. "give me your hand." he said. i reach over, trying to find his hand. he grabs my hand and helps me out of the car.

i hear the car door slam and he starts to walk me towards wherever the hell we were going. "hansol i feel stupid." i laughed, hearing the autumn leaves crunch beneath my feet. "trust me, you're going to love it." he assures me. "okay you can look now." he said, putting his arm around my waist.

i took my hand away from my face and looked where he was taking me. i come face to face with a museum, and art museum. i looked over at a sign and read 'seoul museum of art'. i look over at hansol with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"you're joking right?" i asked "no. remember when. you told me about your first date? and how you told me how you really wanted it to go? how you wanted to go to an art museum, with your phones put away, just you and the other person, focusing on each other and the art, going into deep discussion about each piece? well i thought you should get a do over." he smiled at me.

i stayed silent, staring at the building in awe. "do you not like it?" he asked me. i immediately hugged him, refusing to let go any time soon. "thank you." i smiled into his shoulder. he hugged back, rubbing my back. "don't thank me yet." he told me while pulling away.

"let's go in."

vote, comment, share💓