chapter 10

chapter ten
masterpiece

october 14 2016

once we enter the museum, we start off with the first piece. the wall was full of pots on shelves, all the pots being different shapes, sizes, patterns and colours. some were stained glass and some where clay.

i smile while reading the artist name and reading the english description of the artist and some about the piece. "i think it's just a bunch of pots." hansol admitted while examining the piece, his arms crossed over his chest. 

"cmon, think deeper than that." i walk over to him once again. "can we make this interesting at least?" hansol groaned "fine, what?" i asked him, crossing my arms. "i'll answer what i think truthfully and if you like my answer you have to kiss my cheek."

cheeky little bastard.

"and if i don't like your answer?" i asked and he pondered till and idea finally came to his mind. "well hazel grace, since you're so in love with my ass, every time i say something you don't like you can give my butt a cheeky little pinch." he laughed lowly. "get it? cheeky?" he asked and i rolled my eyes with a smile. "yeah you good i got it."

i look at the wall then back at hansol. "you got yourself a deal, chwe." i smiled shaking his hand to seal the deal. "okay now what do you really think?" i asked. "i think the artist was trying to say that everyone in the world is obviously different but we shouldn't label them and separate them. at the end of the day, we're all equal. no matter the age, sex, sexuality, religion, nationality, skin tone or preference, we should all stick together and never label people for what they are and just shut up and sit all together, like pots on a shelf." he answered, the words coming out of his mouth so quickly, like wax dripping from a candle.

i smiled and kissed his cheek as he continued to look at the pots. he looked at me quickly as i pulled away, a blush forming on his cheeks. "i was thinking the same. cmon, next one." i smiled, grabbing a hold of his hand and leading him to the next art piece.

we come across a georges seurat piece "this is really really really important. what do you think of this piece?" i asked "it looks like it was painted by a fifth grader." he said. i reached over and punched his butt, making him whimper slightly. "ow."

"wrong answer." i said angrily. "look at it again." i tell him. he looks at the painting closely. "oh my god are those little dots?" he asked in awe and i smiled. "yep, he's my favourite artist and 'a sunday afternoon on the island of la grande jatte' is my favourite painting, i never would've thought it would be here out of all places." i look at the piece and admire every aspect of it, keeping it logged into my memory.

"wow, can someone look at me the way roslyn looks at art?" hansol gawked and i slightly shoved him with a light chuckle. "shut up." i look at the painting again, admiring it beauty. "this painting was his masterpiece, it's what he's known for." i smiled, imagining georges sitting on a stool in his home, being all french and taking so much time and effort into this little painting. "quite remarkable."

i felt a pair of lips on my cheeks and i look up to see hansol after he pulled away. "what was that for?" i asked, grinning like an idiot. "the way you look and talk about art is just cute and fascinating to me. i don't know, it's like you're the real masterpiece. you're just, you know, beautiful." he smiled at me but this time it was different. his eyes sparkled when he looked at me.

i wanted to kiss him right then and there and so did he. we were both leaning in until we remembered that we were in public. he cleared his throat awkwardly and pulled away. "next piece?" he asked and i nodded, my cheeks turning red. he took my hand and lead me to the next piece.

we were having conversations about each piece, completely forgetting about the deal we made prior and so did he. we would occasionally look at me and stare at me, thinking i didn't notice at all. he would just stare at me with the silliest smile on his face.

i as we approached the last piece my stomach grumbles. "hungry?" hansol asked with a chuckle. i nodded as we were looking at the last piece. "were do you want to eat? it's your pick." he tells me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "it doesn't matter to me, pick whatever." i lean my head on his shoulder, staring at the painting of a sad little girl surrounded by darkness.

"mcdonald's?" he asked and i smiled "in so glad you suggested that." i continue to look at the art and start to think about what kind of shit the little girl was going through in the painting. "this little girl is me."

"don't say that." hansol said, his smile turning into a slight frown. "it's true, i wouldn't have been in support group and i wouldn't be taking anti depressants every day now would i?" i asked him and he sighed. "i'm glad that you have depression." he admitted and i looked up at him. "what the hell do you mean?"

"if you didn't, then you wouldn't be in support group... i wouldn't have met you." he tells me. a small smile formed on my lips and i shook my head with a chuckle. "you're stupid."

"rude." he pouted as he pulled me closer to him. i look up at him and play with his bottom lip with my finger while pouting as well.

i wanted to kiss him to make his cute pout go away, i wanted to do it so bad, but i pussied out and continued playing with his lips as he smiled at me being all dumb. as he chuckled at my stupidity, my stomach grumbles.

"okay let's go and get you some nuggets."

-

i open the door to madelaines house, her telling me just to walk in because her parents are out watching a movie together. hansol walks in first and i shut the door behind me. i take off my shoes but hansol leaves them on, him knowing he was going to leave right after he walked me to madelaines room.

we walk over and i open madelaines door, revealing wonwoo on top of madelaine, making out with her.

"my eyes!" i screamed, making them pull apart. "it's okay! just cover your eyes!" hansol said, shielding my eyes with his hand. "i'm going to wash my eyes out with bleach now." i announced.

"you're so over dramatic." madelaine groaned while throwing a pillow at me. "wow. i brought you some mcdicks but turns out i'm gunna eat that too-" she cuts me off by jolting out of bed and running over to me and grabbing the bag and drink out of my hands.

she ran back to the bed and started eating fries. wonwoo tried to reach over and grab one from her but she kept hitting him and swatting his hand away, making hansol and i laugh.

"okay, i'm going to go. wonwoo? need a ride?" hansol asked and wonwoo agreed. he got up and kissed madelaine passionately. "bye babe." he smiled at her. "bye." she smiled back, kissing his nose.

"thanks for tonight. i had lots of fun." i thanked hansol for the date and he looked down at his feet nervously. "it's no worries, i loved spending time with you." he said, making my heart skip a beat. "see you soon?" he asked and i nodded. i gave him a kiss on the cheek, making madelaine squeal.

"bye." he blushed. "bye." i smiled back. he walked away, down the stairs, wonwoo following close behind. we heard the door slam and i turn to madelaine with a smile on my face.

"bitch you're telling me everything."

vote, comment, share💓
(thank you for 100 reads and favouriting, it all happening so fast. ily xxx -K)