chapter 8

chapter eight
goodbye jeonghan

january 28 2018

it was sunday night and my dad was working nights this week and it was a lonely ass night. everyone in support group was hanging out and drinking, having a fun time but i didn't want any part of it. i didn't want to see hansol  because i know something bad would happen. everyone would be drunk and problems would happen.

ever since i came back from the cemetery this afternoon i've been in a mood. i'm becoming more and more depressed and suicidal as the days go by. i'll snap one day. whether it's in an hour from now, tomorrow, in a week or years from now, i'll snap and i won't be able to take it, i know i won't.

* jeonghan❣️ is calling *

"hello?" i asked, while putting a spoon full on vanilla ice cream in my mouth. "roslyn, i need a ride." he said, stumbling over his words. "jeonghan, i can't drive remember?" i ask him "ohhh yeahhh." he laughed "jeonghan who isn't drunk?" i asked him as i heard people talk amongst themselves in the background. "uhhh hansol is being a party pooper and is drinking apple juice in the corner."

if he's the only sober one then it looks like i have to talk to him.

"give hansol the phone please." i instructed "no! you're just gunna leave me for him!" he whined "we're not actually together goof." i laugh "oh right we're not." he laughed historically. "hansol! it's for youuuuuu." jeonghan sang.

"hello?" hansol questioned "hey, it's me." i replied "oh roslyn, what's up?" he asked "can you do me a favour and bring jeonghan home please?" i asked politely. "um yeah sure. why aren't you here?" he asked me "i knew if i went i would drink, i've been drinking a lot lately and i didn't want it to be one of those nights, plus i have work after school tomorrow so i'll be late for support group." i explained "i see."

"why aren't you drinking?" i ask "i um, same as you." he said "i've been drinking a lot lately and i'm not feeling it tonight." he explained. i know that wasn't the real reason, hansol isn't a big drinker and when he does drink he drinks at parties and only gets a bit tipsy, so why would he be drinking himself stupid every night?

"oh i see. can you bring jeonghan home now? i'll walk over and take care of him for the night so i'll meet you there." i tell him. "alright, uh, see you then." he said and hung up as quick as he could.

well that was awkward as hell. why did he have to be the only sober one?

i grab my things and quickly walked to jeonghans. i wait on the steps at the front of his house, seeing his parents still aren't home from their vacation. hansol pulls into the driveway and parks the car, leaving it running.

he gets out and goes to the passenger side, trying to get jeonghan out. i get up and walk to hansol. "thanks hansol." i thank him as he helps jeonghan up out of the car. "it's no problem." he said quietly. once jeonghan was out, i close the passengers door and help hansol and jeonghan as they walked up the slippery steps.

i bend down to the house mat and take the spare key that they hid. i feel someone's hand collide with my ass and i hear jeonghans laughter. "jiggly." he laughed "jeonghan really?" i asked "jeonghan, not cool, tone it down okay?" hansol asked and jeonghan nodded quickly with a pout. "sorry babe." he apologized, making me roll my eyes with a smile.

i unlock his door and we quickly walk inside, turning on the house lights. "bring him upstairs and i'll find some pills and something for him to eat." i instruct. hansol brings him upstairs as i look for some pills and get some food for him.