Chapter Fourteen

"When I don't see you, I'm perfectly fine and I can move on. But the second I see your face, I'm back to wishing you were mine again."

Happy Reading!!!

Chapter 14- I hate to see you cry.

          **Nolan's P.O.V**

She smiled my way but her smile turned upside down when she saw me. I don't like it. At all. After the mall drama, my friends and family turned into a huge fan of hers. Being the devil's incarnation on earth, Bryan, found out everything about her. Like her name, address, where she works, where she goes, everything. Sometimes it's kinda scary, how he knows everything. I didn't ask him anything about her though. Why would I? It's not like I want to see her or anything. Right?

Then why do you come here every day? Asked my inner thought.

Because... it's a nice place and serves nice coffee and... 

*cough* Aubree works here *cough*. Interrupted my mind

Absolutely not, I'd no idea she worked here. 

Of course, you didn't hear Bryan mentioning this cafe to your friends. Did you?

No, I didn't... or maybe, but just because I was passing from there. It was totally an accident. Besides, it's not a big deal. I don't notice her at all... I mean I don't see her when she laughs or smiles or when she bites her lips to stop herself from smiling or plays with her fingers when she is nervous...

You are a creep, Nolan. I glared at my mind.

"Dude, stop staring at her like that. It's really creepy." Bryan said. I glared at him. "I 'm not staring at her." I refused. 

"Sure Eli, whatever you say. But you know, I was thinking... wouldn't it be great to go inside and sit? But only if you want or else standing on the front door and staring at Aubree is totally fine by me." Kiera showed me thumps up smiling. I glared at her. 

We settled down in our place just when a waitress came. "Hi... I'm Sydney. I'm new here." The girl purred. "Are you ready to order?" She bends down a little giving us a show of her.... you know what. Kiera yells at her for her unprofessional behavior and asks the manager for another server. Specifically Aubree. 

When she said her name my heart begins to beat rapidly in my chest and my palms were sweaty. Fuck! What the hell is wrong with me. She is just a girl. Why is she making me nervous? I make everyone nervous not the other way around. "Dude, you are sweating like pig, and please would you stop that?" Levi pointed at my vigorous shaking of legs.

"I'm so happy that finally, he found a girl came who can make him that nervous, oh my god, my baby is growing so fast," Bryan said wiping a fake tear from his eye. Everybody laughs, I'm glad to be their source of entertainment.

I glared at everybody. They don't understand. I heard her laugh and turned around to see her talking to her manager. What is she laughing at? Is he that funny? Why is she laughing at his joke? "....Yeah, we thought that too, but she told us nothing there between them.You should have seen her face-" I heard Kiera say. 

I turned back. "Who are you talking about?" I asked. "About your girl," Bryan replied.

"What about her?"I asked confused. Everyone grinned exchanging knowing glances. I furrowed my eyebrows. Am I missing something here? "What is it?" 

"Do you know who we are talking about?" Caleb questioned. 

"Aubree, you just said that." Are they sick or something? Why are they asking me?