Chapter Nineteen

"I know everything happens for a reason, But sometimes I wish I knew what the reason was."

Happy reading!!

Chapter 19- Birthday!

      **Aubree's P.O.V**

I heard murmurs around me and tried to move but a pair of hands tightens around my waist. "Don't....just sleep.."A sleepy husky voice said. I snuggled more and did what the voice ordered.

Click, click, click.

"Look at them so cute." 

"I feel like crying."

"Shotgun on being the godfather of all their kids." 

I heard a lot of groans and cursing. Someone moans beside me shouting a fuck off. I frowned. The arms around me tighten bringing me even closer. Arm?

I opened an eye to look at the owner of the hands. "Aaah!!!" I pushed the person beside me to the floor.

"Fuck!" I heard him groan. "What the hell is wrong with you? Can you at least behave like a normal person for once?" Nolan sat on the ground rubbing his head.

"What were you doing in my bed? And I do behave like a normal person." I grabbed my sheets up to my chest glaring at him.

He rolled his eyes. "I'd nowhere to sleep."

"There's a couch in the living room." He stood up and pointed at himself. "I cannot fit-" I didn't listen to the rest. Because I was distracted by a very shirtless Nolan and oh my Holy heavens, He looked hot. Like H.O.T, hot. His shoulder is broad with well-toned chest and an eight-pack abs. I gulped with my eyes wide. He isn't lean but muscular, just as I like. His abs look so delicious right now -

"Are you listening to me?" I heard him speak. "Uh huh!" I painfully lift my eyes from his abs to meet his eyes.

He smirked when he realized my source of distraction."Is this distracting you?" He smirks pointing at his abs. YES!

"What are you talking about? I have seen so much better than that." I averted my eyes and walked down from the bed. Liar

Someone cleared his throat. Nolan and I turned and our eyes widen. Holy shit!

"What are you doing here?" Nolan asked his sister. "They called us here and I'm so glad they did." She grinned pointing at D and Bryan. 

My cheeks redden at the sight of Caleb, Levi, Kiera, D and Bryan grinning widely. I looked at Nolan to see him flushed as well. Talk about awkward!

"Umm..." I started looking everywhere but them. "I need to use the bathroom." Nolan and I both said simultaneously. I glanced at him at the same time he did. We both ran towards the bathroom while everybody laughed.

"Ha! I won" I locked the door behind me.

"That's not fair. You were closer. That's cheating." Nolan banged the door. 

"Everything's fair in love and war Noly, and this... is a war."I laughed evilly. Everyone laughed louder. Nolan groaned.

"Di-did s-she just c-called y-you Noly?" I heard Levi ask laughing.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" Nolan said.

"YOu started it. You called me shortcake first." I argued. 

"That's because you are short."

"I'm not. I have got a perfect height, it's not my fault that you are freakishly tall."

"I'm not freakishly tall you are sh-"

"Oh my god, you were right. They are so cute together, arguing like an old married couple. You guys should marry each other." I heard Kiera cooed.

"Oh god, we are not going there again" Nolan whined. "I'm out of here." 

And as usual, everyone Laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"More pancakes? Anyone?" D asked.

"I want one."I chirped. "Of course, you always do." She rolled her eyes serving me one more pancake.

"Make sure to email the details of the project to Mr. Brown, it's urgent. I'll be there soon." Nolan came talking on the phone. "What?" He yelled gaining everyone's attention. "Umm... No." He listened to whatever Hailey said. His eyes turned towards me looking accusingly. What have I done now? "Ok, thanks, I'll make sure to pass the message." He hangs up looking at me. Am I in trouble?

"What?" I asked. I'm not sure what I did.

"You didn't tell me today is your birthday."He said in a soft but accusing tone.

I stiffened at the reminder. Shit! How can I forget? I heard a sharp breath beside me and looked at D. She remembered, her eyes soften, I felt my eyes welled with tears. I gulped trying to control my tears. "I forgot." I faked a laugh. 

"How can you forget your own birthday?"Levi said.

"That's right. Birthday's are the happiest and most important day of anyone's life."Bryan agreed.

Not mine!  I hate my birthday. I hate the day I was born. I hate that I was born.

"We have to celebrate."Kiera clapped her hands. Everybody nodded in agreement. I saw Nolan was silent all through just looking at me. I averted my gaze from him. I didn't like the way he was looking at me like he was trying to solve a puzzle.

Clenching my fist tightly I gave them a tight-lipped smile. "I'm sorry guys but I don't celebrate my birthdays. I don't like to." Everybody started complaining. I couldn't take it anymore. "Umm... I am going to get ready for office, we are late already and my boss hates latecomers." I joked.  "Are we going together?" I asked Nolan. He nodded. I ran to my room with tears running down my cheeks. Closing the door behind me I slid against the door sobbing lightly.

How can I forget this day?

The day I lost everything.

The day that took my world away from me.  

The day that took my dad away from me.

**************************************************************************

Hola Amigos!

What's up, guys?? Did you like the chapter?

Don't Forget to.... VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE (^_^)

CIAO!!!XO