Chapter Thirty-Eight

"I don't need paradise because I found you. I don't need dreams because I already have you."

Happy Reading!!

Excuse my Mistake..!!

Chapter 38- Trusting him.

**Aubree's POV**            

"Look who we have here." Victoria makes a face. "Got ditched by Boyfriend again? That's sad." Victoria pretends a sad face. I ignore her and take a sit with my friends for lunch. It's obvious she doesn't like me for some reason. 

"Stop it, Vic." Ash hushes her. "Don't mind her." She throws me a warm smile.

"I never do." I shrug. 

"See, she doesn't mind me." She smirks. "So tell me, darling, what is it? Why is he avoiding you all of a sudden? Is he tired of you already?" She laughs. I cringed at her high pitched laugh.

"Shut up Vicky," Noah said angrily.

"Why? Did I hurt your feelings, Aubree? I'm sorry if I did. But that's the truth, honey." She shrugs. "Believe it or not, he is going to leave you, or already have, after he is bored. He does that to everyone, you didn't think you were special did you?" She continues. 

"I'm not in a mood, Vicky. I don't want to hurt you so please stop talking." I say rubbing my forehead. 

"Ok, if you say, but remember my words." She wipes her hands and stands up. "Looks like I'm done here. See you lovelies." She makes pouty faces and leaves.

"Please don't take her words seriously. She is just jealous of you because you got Nolan's attention while she has been trying to get Nolan to notice her for years." Noah rubs my back. 

Well, now I know why she hates me.

I shrugged not knowing what to say. I cannot really blame her. She is not totally wrong after all. 

Everything was good until a few days back, we were so happy, we always used to go out together, held hands and kissed in public. Life was good except that we were and still are always in the headlines. Even over a month after he introduced me as his girlfriend at his parent's party, the paparazzi won't stop following us, now I can feel what Nolan was talking about. It's really annoying, they are literally everywhere, I can't even go grocery shopping without getting followed. 

But nowadays, Nolan is starting to distance himself. I can feel he is hiding something from me, he can't even look at me straight while talking, he looks tired like he has not been sleeping. He has been acting really weird, he is cancelling our dinner dates, he isn't coming to office regularly, he doesn't pick up my calls or reply to my messages,  he is out of town most of the time and if I ask him about this he will simply ignore it or we end up fighting. 

I sigh and pushes the plate away. 

"Bree, what-" Ashley started, but I cut her off. "I don't feel like eating. I'm just going back to my work." I smile at them. 

~~~

I knocked the door of our apartment. D opened. "Hey, I was waiting for you. Kiera called to remind us again."

 "Jeez, I forgot."I slapped my forehead. Yesterday, Kiera called and ask us to come to her house, she has something really important to tell us, she did sound nervous though. "So, what do you think it is?" I asked.

"I don't know." D shrugged. "She didn't even come to her parents anniversary party. She has been avoiding everyone for a while. I rarely see her out of the house." She concluded thinking.

"I don't get it, what's up with everyone and avoiding people. I mean it's wrong to avoid people, it makes them worry more about you. If you have some problem then talk people. Is it too hard to understand?" I babbled frustrated. D raises her eyebrows at me. "Umm...I'm just going to call Nolan to remind him." I chuckle nervously. D looks sceptical but nods.

I take out my phone and opens my display to call him. I hope he picks up. It rings for a couple of times before he picks it up. "Yes." 

"Hey, I just called you to remind you about going to Kiera's home," I said.

"Damn it!" He curses. Looks like I'm not the only one who forgot."Can you tell her that I'll be a little late."He replies.

"Ok, sure-" A woman's voice cuts in. "I'm ready we can go now-" Nolan hisses as I stiffen. 

"Who was-" He interrupts me. "Umm... I've to go now, Bye." He hangs up without letting me complete.

My hands started shaking, I felt dizzy. I grip the table near me. "Bree, are you ok?" D came running to hold me still. "Yes, yes I'm." She made me sit on the chair and ran into the kitchen. She came back with a glass of water. "What happened?" I drank the water and shake my head. "Nothing, I...I don't feel good." I release a large breath. "Can I go and rest for some time please?"

"Ok, we can cancel if-"

"Oh no, don't worry I'll be fine, give me some time." She nods taking me to my room.

I sit on my bed."I'm right here if you need me." She says looking at me. "I know." I smile, she stares at me sometime before closing the door. I let myself fall back into the bed. My vision became blurry.

  Believe it or not, he is going to leave you after he is bored. He does that to everyone, you didn't think you were special, did you?  

 He is going to leave you after he is done with you.

 Do not trust him.

These kept repeating in my head. I close my eyes and ears tightly to make everything go away. My body starts shaking as I clamped my mouth to stop myself from screaming.

Were they true? Did I make a mistake by trusting him?

I-Is he cheating- I shake my head. No, no, he told me he will never do such things. He must be with his clients or something. Yes, this is it. That was his client.

He told me to trust him and I'll trust him. 

I hope he doesn't break it.

~~~

"Bree? Bree? Wake up honey." I felt someone shake me. I opened my eyes. "Ow, my head hurts."

"Take this." D passes me some medicines. I looked at her gratefully and gulp it down. My eyes widen. "Oh my god we should be at Kiera's-"

"It's ok, I told her we would be late, don't worry." I breathed relieved and climbed out of the bed to get ready.

"Are you going to tell me what is it?" She asks I stop. "Can we talk about it later?" I ask.

"Ok. But at least tell me how are you?" I opened my mouth to tell her I was fine but she cuts me in. "Tell me the truth." 

Oh, how she knows me!

"I love you, you know that." I chuckle. "I know, it's impossible not to." She says flicking her hairs.

I laugh, she hugs me tight. "I don't know what is it, but I know everything will work out at the end. So do not waste your precious tears on anything." She wipes the tear that slipped from my eyes. 

"You think so?" I ask her.

"I know so."  

**********************************************************************************

After a long time..❤️

Hope you guys like the chapter!! ❤️

Don't forget to...VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE (~^_^)~