Chapter Forty-four

"The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead."

Happy reading!!

Excuse my mistakes!!

Chapter 44-The condition!

**Aubree's POV**

I woke up with a jolt breathing deeply. Damn the nightmares! Blinking rapidly I look around the room and frown where am I? Then it hit me- 

Oh yes, I am staying at Nolan's place. 

A day after I woke up in the hospital, the doctor said I was ready to go home. Nolan asked me if I was fine to go with him to his house, but before I could say something D pounced on him, not literally though, asking him to stay miles away from me. After lots of convincing and threatening D allowed Nolan to take me home with him. I agreed to it because I wanted him to explain me everything. I know I have said that I don't want to hear his explanation but the accident gave me some time to think about it clearly. 

I shuddered at the thought of accident and not seeing Nolan again. I tear up when I realize that could be the last day of my life and I wouldn't have been able to feel his touch or feel his lips on mine. I release a large breath controlling the sob threatening to escape.  

So I finally decided to give him a chance to explain why did he do that to me.

Entering the kitchen I saw him talking on the phone. "Cancel all of it." He says while flipping the pancakes. "I would have canceled if it wasn't that important," Hailey says through the speakers.

"I can't leave her alone Hailey, I... I have nearly lost her.. I am not.." He chokes. Hailey sighs from the other side. "I know honey, I see what I can do Nolan, but I don't think they are going to be happy about it."

"I don't care." He shouts frustrated.

"But I do," I say. "You are going," I said calmly and took his phone from the counter. "Give me my phone back, shortcake. I'm not going anywhere." Nolan tries to take his phone but I slip it behind my back pocket. "Yes, you are or I'm going back to my apartment." I glare at him. He moves back and folds his arms glaring at me.

"You can't do that." He stares at me. "Try me." I stare back. A laugh broke our staring contest, Oh Hailey!! 

"Hey, Hailey," I said flushed.

"Hey honey, glad you are fine. How are you feeling now?" She asked.

"Perfect, just a little pain here and there," I replied.

"I'm so sorry honey I had to call. I know you are not well, but these people are really important." She explained.

"I know Hails, it's totally fine. Don't worry I'll get him ready just tell me the time." She told me the time and place of meeting before hanging up.

"I'm not leaving you alone." I heard Nolan from the back.

"I can always call D or Kiera. Don't worry about me." He looked at me unsure. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist nuzzling my face into his chest. He stiffens. "It's ok, I'll be fine by myself, don't worry."

"How can I not? I nearly lost you once, and I'm not losing you again." He relaxes and hugs me back tightly. I won't lie but it felt good. 

"You won't-" I pull myself out of his hold. "Well, actually that depends on what were you doing with Stella that day."

"I promise I'll tell you everything you wanted to know. Soon." He looked at me with his bright eyes. It does something to my core. Before I do something stupid I walked out the room leaving him standing behind me.