FOUR ━ ❝i'm the map!❞

( chapter iv

( chapter iv. I'M THE MAP! )

— 🌙 —

            With a month at Hogwarts gone, Calypso could say that nothing really important had occurred in that time. She had expected something to happen at least to Harry, especially since the Dementors attacked him on the train and, apparently, he had passed out from it. Well, Calypso knows that it's true but it was no reason for the boy to be picked on by Malfoy and his crew. It sickened her to think that they were related. It sickened her to think that her own cousin married Lucius Malfoy. Admittedly, though, she had never met Narcissa.

         The only sister out of those three she had met was Andromeda, her godmother. Bellatrix Lestrange was the third, who was also the only one in Azkaban along with her husband. Her uncle had once been there too, but now he had escaped and Calypso hadn't the slightest clue where he could be. While others believed he was trouble and only wanted the death of Harry, Calypso knew more that he only wanted to protect the boy. This was all to protect him, avenge the Potters, and (hopefully, anyways) protect his family. Which, of course, meant her. Calypso Hope Black.

         It was funny to think that at one point she hated her name. Calypso. It was too odd and other children her age had trouble pronouncing it and settled with calling her Callie – which she hated more than anything. Cal was fine but Callie...Callie was a death sentence for her.

         There was still a resentment towards it. She was named after the star, but Calypso always thought of the Greek myth including a woman named Calypso. There, that woman was trapped on an island. Ogygia. And Calypso Hope Black was also trapped. Maybe not on an island but in her own skin; in the skin of a human who was also such a monster. A werewolf.

         The full moon would happen in the following days. Her first back at Hogwarts. She didn't want it to happen. While her dad grew more agitated in these times, Calypso grew more anxious to the point where it always seemed her heart was beating rapidly in her chest. Seizing fire inside her that never seemed to stop.

         "Hey, dad!" Calypso skipped into the empty classroom. It was currently a free period of hers which also concurrent with her dad. She smiled, sitting on his desk and watched as Remus rolled his eyes.

         "Hello, star," he still smiled at his daughter, happy that she was spending time with him on her on and not just in class, "How are you?"

         "Oh, me? Great! Can't wait for Quidditch to actually start, Angie's been driving me mad with all her talk about it," the girl spoke. Angelina loved Quidditch and wanted to win more than anything, but she wasn't crazy about it like Oliver Wood.

         "I used to love watching Quidditch," Remus mused, "We'd all go and watch James play – he was always the star – and your uncle, you know, before he got kicked off."