THIRTYSIX ━ ❝one of a kind❞

( chapter xxxvi

( chapter xxxvi. ONE OF A KIND )

"Fred and George have a joke shop now, you know? It's open and everything, Lee says that it's a huge hit. Sometimes they get so busy they need him to help out. We should go sometime. You know, if you're up to it."

The call came in July, two months after the death of Remelda Black. Two months without her dear mother, two months living with her father. It was a weird change, not staying for a week or two but a whole summer. A month living there and more to go. Instead of staying with her father and then going back to her mother, her true home, she was staying there in the room she never fully decorated since she didn't stay there very long until now when she moved everything over there.

Instead of the walls being barely covered and some comforter that she picked up on a whim when she was a child and never had changed because it didn't matter very much. It was a horrid bright pink, something that young Calypso loved but teenager Calypso abhorred. No, the comforter had been changed with the one she had at her old home, as was everything else in the house.

Instead of the quiet mornings with her mother, drinking coffee at the counter or in the living room together before Remelda went off to work, Calypso woke up to no breakfast being made and no sound of life. Remus got up a little later in the morning than Calypso did so she prepared herself breakfast instead. And Remus would come down later, grabbing a cup of coffee and placing a kiss on top of her head before going out for the day.

He had a job at a muggle bookstore, which Calypso thought was a good job for him. He was good at it, she knew. Calypso had gone to see him at work sometimes and he looked so in his element it made a fond smile go to her face just looking at her father. He was incredibly helpful to those who needed it and they always looked grateful. The bookstore was the perfect place for him and Calypso was happy that he found it.

Every weekend she went to see her Uncle Regulus at 12 Grimmauld Place. The place was coming along nicely and she loved picking up different pieces of furniture with him and designing a new home. Because that's what it was beginning to be; a home. Not some old, dusty house with terrible memories, but a wonderful comfy place to call him.

She wasn't scared every time she unlocked the door, didn't have chills up her spine every time she went upstairs to where the study used to be. (All the furniture from the room had been removed, so it wasn't really the study anymore.) No, she only got smiles on her face at the bright colors and the opened curtains that allowed the light to shine through.

And every Wednesday she had lunch with her Uncle Sirius and Aunt Nadia. They looked so happy, their relationship reformed and love still being rekindled and growing. Sirius looked over joyed, finally cleared and able to restart his life. Nadia told her that he was doing much better than he was at 12 Grimmauld Place the months before, which wasn't surprising but made her let out a breath of relief.