SEVENTEEN ━ ❝the hogwarts champions❞

( chapter xvii

( chapter xvii. THE HOGWARTS CHAMPIONS )

— 🌙 —

When she walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, Calypso didn't know what to expect from her first lesson. Obviously, last year, she hadn't even attended the first lesson because the Minister of Fucking Magic wanted to talk to her about her uncle. But this year, there was some ex-Auror called Mad-Eye Moody taking over the class because, apparently, Dumbledore wanted him there for some reason and from what Calypso had seen of him, he was certainly unsettling.

She had seen people walking out of his classroom in terror, some almost in tears, which made Calypso want to run for the hills. She didn't want to know what they were so scared of but she decided that skipping her first DADA lesson would leave a bad impression for herself to Mad-Eye.

And, it was times like this that Calypso wished that she just made up with Angelina really easily and quickly because the older students had gone to DADA first and therefore already knew what was to come. Angelina could tell her all about it, even Cho, but she wasn't talking to them.

The Johnson girl had apologized and everything, and while that was sweet it just opened a can of worms that never seemed to matter before. Well, it was already beginning to matter because she knew there was something wrong with her from the start of summer and Angelina only brought them up to her full force. And while Birdie was such a nice friend to say there was nothing wrong, she might just be a late bloomer and even if she wasn't that was still alright, Calypso still didn't feel like it was. She felt so wrong because of the fact she had never felt a sexual attraction or thought "what I would do to you..." and it wasn't even a big deal except it was.

Of course, her roommates talked about Viktor Krum and about all the foreign boys from the two different schools that were staying at Hogwarts for the year. Of course they talked about them and how they were planning of wooing all of them and Calypso just put a pillow to her so that it wouldn't be so loud to her.

But now she sat in the classroom with other Gryffindor and Slytherin students. She sat beside Kenneth Towler because she didn't have any friends in her year that were also in Gryffindor and because the only seat open that didn't already have a Slytherin sitting there was beside him. She didn't think a Slytherin would take kindly to her sitting beside them.

And class was supposed to start maybe five minutes ago yet their teacher still wasn't there. Her dad would never be dad, Calypso thought bitterly, thinking back to when he resigned because he knew that the letters from parents would be pouring in, saying how they didn't feel safe with a werewolf teaching their child. It made Calypso sick when she thought about it.