TWENTYFIVE ━ ❝light in the darkness❞

( chapter xxv

( chapter xxv. LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS )

🌙

         The headphones didn't do much to distract her from other noise. It was all so loud and consuming, all she could concentrate on. The headphones helped, music blocking everything from being so loud and demanding, but it was still there. She could still hear everything, it was still so loud and clear. Crisp. The Order meeting droned on downstairs before dinner and Ginny Weasley was with her older brothers testing out new projects for the store they dreamed of opening one day.

         Ron and Hermione were together in another room because, oh yeah, she had showed up. The Weasleys had gotten there a few hours after Calypso and Maia had arrived and Hermione had come a week following. No one had talked to Harry. Actually, if she were being completely honest, they were forbidden from talking to him. No letters were to be sent, so surprise visits. They were stuck under house arrest basically.

         She had managed to convince Remelda to let her, Leo, and Maia out after a tense dinner from the night before. They had gone to the movies and had lunch before going back to the adults who were stressing over them being gone even though it had only been a few hours. Something bad could've happened, they said, someone could've taken them. They could be dead or tortured or given a terrible, terrible fate.

         Maia was in the bedroom they were sharing. She had taken to locking herself in there after a very eye opening conversation one night. She didn't talk to anyone, not even her own twin. Leo, who had known for quite some time especially since he had been in the house longer than the other children, wasn't as affected but Calypso could tell it was still taking a toll on him. And Calypso kept herself in her Uncle Regulus' bedroom.

         Remelda slept in her own and Sirius took his. The Weasley parents took Orion and Walburga's old room and the rest of the children were given guest rooms, which there were a lot of. She didn't know why but she also didn't question it.

         Her eyes were closed shut as she heard the Order discussing what they had most every night; the weapon. They never said what it truly was, that was left in the unknown but for them, it was obvious. For her, an outsider listening it, it was confusing and murky. Harry came up in conversation a lot because no one was really happy about leaving him in the dark besides Molly Weasley, who didn't let her children know anything about what was being discussed during the meetings. They were truly clueless, at least Calypso could hear and report back to her own family.

         It wasn't that she wanted to leave the Weasleys and Hermione out, purposely hold back information like the adults, it was just that Calypso wasn't close with any of them. She wasn't. Sure, she knew Fred and George enough because of Lee and she had seen Hermione and Ron before with Harry, but she wasn't close with them. And she didn't think she'd had a conversation with Ginny before this summer. They lived very different lives and the Weasleys had taken to hating and ignoring her because of her uncle when they all believed he had murdered Harry's parents.