TWENTYONE ━ ❝dance the night away❞

( chapter xxi

( chapter xxi. DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY )

— 🌙 —

         She smiled as she put on the dress. It looked beautiful on her, the dark red complimenting her pale skin. The sleeves hid the scars that adorned her arms from past full moons, instead showing the beautiful color. Her hair was curled, for once, a difference from her usual straightness. The heels she wore made her look taller and made her feel more powerful. The sound they emitted when they hit the floor feeling her with more confidence.

         The last thing to do was makeup. She went away from the mirror and went into the bathroom where Birdie was waiting for her, patting down on the seat she would take while her makeup would be done. The Bishop girl wore a nice blue dress that the two had gotten while shopping in Hogsmeade for their attire for the night. "Wow," Birdie breathed as Calypso sat down, "You look amazing in the dress, better than in the store."

         Calypso giggled. "Thank you, Birdie, you look so gorgeous. Blue is definitely your color," Calypso complimented her back, "And of course I look better now. My hair's been done, I have the heels, and I'm about to have my makeup done, too."

         Birdie hummed and began to work on her face. "Angelina's breath is going to be taken away."

         "You make it sound like we're dating," Calypso rolled her eyes, "We're just friends going to the dance as friends – that's all. I don't feel any sort of attraction to her and she doesn't with me. We've been over this like a million times."

         "Are you sure she's over you? Because I was there last year when she would continuously talk about you like you were the most perfect thing in the universe. Something like that doesn't just go away," Birdie asked her.

         She bit her lip. Calypso was far from perfection, look at her arms for that. She was a monster among men, a wolf in sheep's clothing – quite literally. Calypso was in no way perfect and should never be thought of like that, it was completely against who she really was. And if Angelina knew...if anyone else knew of who she truly was, they would be disgusted. No one would ever fancy her again, how could they? She was a werewolf – a beast when the full moon called in the sky for her, completely unaware of what happened as she was locked away in her own mind, trapped there for a night only to awake with blood covering her body as she remembered nothing about the events that transpired the night before.

         No one could ever love a monster, not like Calypso. Even her parents didn't love it each other, it was just a classic case of high school sweethearts who got pregnant too young so they got married as society expected. It could never work, her mother must've known that when her father started to pull away before handing her divorce papers. No one could ever love a monster.