SEVEN ━ ❝mistakes have been made❞

( chapter vii

( chapter vii. MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE )

— 🌙 —

            Only one-half of her friend group was currently talking to her, and it was definitely apparent in her life. Calypso, before then, never noticed how much she depended on them. They surrounded her constantly with constant chatter that filled her ears from other passing sounds, made her laugh, and distracted her from the mess that was her family. Yet, now, Angelina was avoiding her at all costs and Cho was following her.

         Cho apologized for it, saying in passing that Angelina just needed time (like Birdie and suddenly Calypso was starting to hate that expression) and that she has known Angelina longer so of course that's why she's sticking with her. Calypso, of course, was hurt by the statement but understood. It always seemed that the people closest to her always liked someone more than her. But, Birdie was still there even when Angelina and Cho took to sitting with Katie Bell and others on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Herself and Birdie sat at the Ravenclaw table every meal to avoid them.

         She was glad that Lee Jordan wasn't apart of her closest group because she didn't want to lose him. He was a great friend to her even if they weren't as close as she was with the girls.

         And, most pathetically, it had only been a week since everything. Since Halloween when her friends left her. Well, it seemed like Halloween was synonymous with people leaving. At least, for Calypso and her family. She really fucking hated that holiday, it was decided and proclaimed again.

         "Anyways, what did you use the map for?" Lee asked, bringing the other conversation to a close. He sat across from her in the kitchens, a place the two met once a week to just meet by themselves.

         Lee was friends with the others, but not closely, not like with Calypso. Angelina liked Lee and the two bonded over Quidditch, tossing opinions about big teams and how the both of them would fuck Viktor Krum if given the chance. But Cho, always the shy one, never quite warmed up to him and Birdie and him always seemed to butt heads. It was fine, though, she liked her friends how they were.

         "Oh, right," so much had happened since she had gotten ahold of the Marauders Map, "I just wanted to see if there was any part of the castle I hadn't seen before. And, well, wanted a sort of connection with my uncle."

         The Jordan boy frowned, and, oh no, she knew what was coming next. "Why do you want a connection with him?"

         "Believe it or not, my mum says he was a great man," Calypso said, hoping the statement wouldn't bite her in the ass, "Well, before everything. She never visited him in the Azkaban, but I've always liked hearing stories about my uncles."

         "Uncles? You have more than one uncle?" Lee's eyes widened almost comically and Calypso cracked a smile.

         She nodded, "Yep. Only one other, though, my dad doesn't have any siblings. But my Uncle Regulus. He, well, he died. It was a long time, they were all in school when it happened, but he and mum were really close before he passed."