FIVE ━ ❝confront your fears❞

( chapter v

( chapter v. CONFRONT YOUR FEARS )

— 🌙 —

Calypso's plan to confront her uncle – not the cat but the dog – was placed on hold until the day she was supposed to give the map back to the twins. She hadn't planned on having the map for so long, thinking about what her father would think if he ever found out she knew where it resided keeping her from wanting to keep it, but with her unwillingness to confront him the first night she had it and her classes keeping her busy, she simply didn't have the time. At least, that's what she told herself.

Logically, Calypso knew there was no reason to be afraid of seeing him. This man was her uncle, the same one who would place her on his shoulders and parade her around the house singing vulgar lyrics as her mum yelled at him to stop, the whole time little Cal just laughing, loving every moment of it. This was the same uncle that bought her first pair of earrings after she had her ears pierced. This man who loved her Aunt Nadia more than anything in the world, who would protect his family no matter the consequence – even if it meant life in Azkaban.

Yet, she still found there was a fear inside her. Not for the reasons many people thought either. She knew Sirius would never hurt her, she knew that he wouldn't hurt anyone, but that begged the question as to why he was there at Hogwarts in the first place. It couldn't be for Calypso, he hadn't made a move to see her.

(Which actually hurt her when she thought if it.)

And she didn't think it was to see Harry either, seeing as the boy still seemed hesitant to even be in the same room as her. Maia, who was in his year and had Divination with him, always scoffed when the boy said something remotely bad at her, ready to jump and defend her cousin. That was another thing people didn't know. Since she was Maia Greene and not Maia Black, there seemed, at least to others, there was no relation between them. The public had forgotten of Nadia's relationship with the alleged murderer.

While Maia would always defend her, she did it because of her relation to Calypso, not because she herself believed that Sirius was innocent. She did it because, technically, she too was apart of the Black family and didn't want to be casted as evil, like they were beginning to paint Calypso.

No, the real reason Calypso was scared to see Sirius was going it had been so long. There had been no real relationship before he was imprisoned, Calypso could barely remember the time. Only smells, only foggy memories. There was no clear event she remembered with her Uncle Pads. He remembered her, though. Maybe he had even seen her around the castle. Was he proud of her? Did he liked how she was turning out? They were all questions Calypso wanted to ask but knew she never would.

"Hey, Cal," Birdie threw a cracker at her, "What's got you all misty eyed?"

"Misty eyed?" Calypso smirked, glad to have the distraction of her friends. It helped take her away from the more pressing matter of Sirius Black and his residency inside the castle. "You been hanging with Hermione lately?"