𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

I've had the idea for this story since 2016 and I only started writing it last year, so there was a long wait where a lot of things about the story changed

I've had the idea for this story since 2016 and I only started writing it last year, so there was a long wait where a lot of things about the story changed. I know that the premise of Sirius Black's daughter or family member is very cliche and overdone, but I couldn't help but he drawn to it and I hope that mine is very different from other ones that have been written.

Originally, when I had the idea, the title of this book was Black Queen. Calypso was originally Cassiopeia, the queen star or something, which is how I got the title. However, when I changed Broken Crown's title from Princess, this one had to change as well. And when I had the revelation of making the main character a werewolf, since I hadn't ever really seen that, especially not for Remus Lupin's daughter. Then, the title fell into place.

Most everything about Calypso has changed since I first started imagining this book. But some things have never changed, like the fact that Calypso dies in the end. Actually, I wrote the last chapter of the book before anything else. Of course, I didn't use it now since so much in the plot has changed since then, but she still died in the end. There is not a universe where she lived.

A lot of the deaths in this book have been permanent. Regulus was always going to die while protecting her, Remus and Tonks were going to die like in canon, and Remelda was going to die in place of Sirius in the Department of Mysteries. It's just how things go.

And because of how long I've had this idea and how long I've written for it, Calypso has been one of my favorite oc's ever. Officially, her book has taken me a year and about four months to write, which is the longest a book has taken me to write. It's also the longest book I've ever written. Rounding around 600 pages in a word document and about 170,000 words.

I don't regret how long this has taken me because I love the end result. Calypso has wormed her way into my heart and it killed me to watch her die, to write the words that ended her. Everyone who died in this has heart me. Well, except for Demetri because he's the worst. I've spent so long with each character that I've written in this series and it hurts me to watch them die and cause them to hurt but it has to happen.

I love Calypso and may she always rest in rest. Along with Regulus, Birdie, Remelda, and Maia. (Yes, she died as well. Yes, I love her.)

This series continues in the book Bitter; Leo and Maia's stories. And there might be a spin-off with Sloane but I don't know. If you want to read the rest of the books, here they are:

i. All My Heart
( sirius black )

ii. Broken Crown
( remus lupin )

iii. Lone Wolf
( no love interest )

iv. Bitter
( oc x oc, draco malfoy )

spin-off: Light Me Up
( cedric diggory )

Thank you to everyone who had read and supported this story. Thank you to this who have stuck along throughout the entirety of this book, throughout even when I hit a dry spell during act two. Thank you to Calypso for being here for so long and letting me write your story. Until we meet again.

Love,
Ellie