TWENTYSEVEN ━ ❝good riddance!❞

( chapter xxvii

( chapter xxvii. GOOD RIDDANCE! )

         SEPTEMBER FIRST – the long awaited day. The escape from her ancestors lurking in portraits and a macabre feeling always surrounding her. An escape from the creaking caricature of a home with hush whispers all around, attempting to keep the eerie quiet that unsettled everyone. But she always heard; every word. It was a goodbye to Maia lying in bed and ever leaving, the Order meeting downstairs talking about the Prophecy that would decide the fate of the world.

         She always hated those meetings the most. Not that there was one she liked, all of them holding a trace of helplessness where despair was only present and hope never appeared. The thought that all their efforts would be for nothing as the world collapsed around them under the complete mercy of Voldemort, who had none. The what ifs, the wondering if Harry failed to save them as they placed all their hopes on the boy. She thought that was terribly unfair, counting on one boy younger than her to save everyone, save the world.

         Some minded, those closest with his parents minded. Sirius wanted him to be informed for every choice he would have to make in the long run while Molly sought to protect the boy. The Weasleys, that family, were nurturing and coddled their children as if they were still babies fresh out of the womb. As if they were too young to know about a weapon or how the increase of Death Eaters was slowly rising again, forgetting about the troubles they had encountered while at school – somewhere they were supposed to be safe. Calypso scoffed at the idea. In the past four years, and probably continuing to five, they school had been anything but safe.

         But it didn't matter what she thought, or how hard her family tried to fight for Harry's right to know about the Prophecy. It was about him, surely he had the right to know, because Albus Dumbledore himself commanded that it remain a secret and no one would dare go against him, no matter how many times she heard her mother grumble about the man. So the secrets continued and Calypso felt terribly alone with the knowledge of what Harry craved and she could never tell him.

         It wasn't just him, she corrected herself, everyone wanted to know. Everyone wanted to be involved in the Order meetings, besides Leo and Maia she suspected (he didn't care enough about the wizarding world and she left herself to moping all the time), and they would all jump at the chance to know what she did. They didn't understand that she didn't want the knowledge herself. She wished to be ignorant as they were, but her curse simply couldn't allow that, could it?

         But it was September first now and she didn't have to suffer through the long meetings were Sirius and Molly would growl back and forth about what was right for Harry. She wouldn't have to hear Remelda stepping in to keep some semblance of peace and Remus looking and Nymphie and then feeling ashamed even though the younger woman wanted him so bad. It was a joy – a relief to be able to leave.