FOURTEEN ━ ❝odd one out❞

( chapter xiv

( chapter xiv. ODD ONE OUT )

— 🌙 —

         With most of her summer gone and spent with Leo and Birdie, Calypso sat at her desk finishing her braid. The Quidditch World Cup was that day and her mother was lucky enough to score three tickets (more like she probably threatened someone) and that meant that she and Calypso, along with Birdie, could do and experience it. Which she had been looking forward to for too long.

         She looked at herself, at the freckles that adorned her cheeks and the twinkle in her eyes, and she saw a version of herself that she didn't think possible during Christmas last year. A happy version. And she smiled. It felt nice to be light and have slightly less pale skin from the sun. And she was, because Leo was always around and Maia even joined them on their adventures and Lee even wrote letters to her over summer, causing her to learn that the Jordan boy himself was attending the Quidditch match.

         "Knock, knock," her door opened and Calypso turned, seeing her curly-haired cousin. He had a goofy smile on his face, a Hawaiian shirt with flashy flowers on that he had gotten from the state when Nadia took her kids there at the start of summer for holiday.

         Calypso rolled her eyes at Leo, "You look ridiculous." As she said that, she got up and went over to her bed, petting Nala who was sleeping.

         Leo's only response was to scoff. "Excuse me, I am totally rocking this shirt. You just don't have a good fashion sense," he retorted, sitting down to pet the cat as well. "Oh my God she looks so precious."

         "I know, I love her so much it almost hurts," she smiled, "And I think I have more of a fashion sense than you if you think that looks good."

         "You're just jealous because you could never pull this off," Leo teasingly grinned grabbing onto the cat's cheeks and squishing them as he cooed softly at Nala.

         "Sure, sure," Calypso looked at him interacting with her cat, "Are you sure that you don't love Nala more than me."

         "Don't be ridiculous, of course I love Nala more than you," Leo innocently said as Calypso rolled her eyes, "Oh, don't be like that. I mean, just look at her. How could I not love her more?"

         Calypso seemed to consider this, even though there was no reason to. "Well, I guess I can't argue with that," she conceded.

         Leo gave a victorious smile, pressing a kiss to Nala's temple before coming back up. "Excited for the Quidditch match?"

         "Totally," Calypso grinned back, "I mean, it's gonna be so good and Viktor Krum is playing! He's still in school and he's already playing at a championship! That's so cool, Leo, I can never be as big as him even if I tried. And he's going against Ireland and they have an amazing team!"