SIX ━ ❝infamous day❞

( chapter vi

( chapter vi. INFAMOUS DAY )

— 🌙 —

Unlike other people her age, Calypso didn't celebrate Halloween. She imagined that Harry didn't either, because for both their families it certainly was not a joyous day. That was the day she lost her aunt and uncle. Well, in the way you just call the people close to your parents those titles but they didn't actually have a blood relation to them. But, that was also the day she practically lost her uncle.

Since she first saw Sirius again, she had been smuggling him food and helping him device a plan to catch – and kill, he added once, which she pretended not to notice – Peter.

Calypso didn't want to hear about murder. The word had always surrounded her, surrounded her family. Her grandfather had been killed. Her uncle, supposedly, was a killer. Her aunt and uncle had been killed. She could kill. Kill, kill, kill. She hated the word, she could never think of doing such an act, and she never wanted to witness such a thing. Calypso pretended she didn't hear Sirius as he murmured it to himself, she didn't want to know. She wanted to live her oblivious life.

No, Halloween for the Blacks was an infamous day, probably for the Potters – at least Harry – too. To the whole wizarding world, it was known and grieved yet celebrated. In the morning, she saw first years bouncing up and down, smiling at the whole time, yet there was no smile on Calypso's face.

"Hey, frowny face," Angelina threw a potato at the girl, "Cheer up. There's a party tonight."

Calypso raised an eyebrow. It had always been Birdie who liked parties, usually herself and Angelina would just stay in one of their dorms and Cho would join the Bishop girl in an attempt to control her. It never worked. "A party?"

The Johnson girl nodded, "Yep. It's in the Ravenclaw common room, Birdie's inviting us."

"Of course I fucking am!" Birdie exclaimed, not caring that anyone could hear her, "I need my girls to be there for me. So come on, Cal, just let loose and have fun tonight."

Cho rolled her eyes, "Please? You two never come. Just this one and I promise we'll never invite you to another."

She weighed her options for a moment. On one hand, she could say no and wallow in this sadness all day with no chance of ever getting over it and then having to deal with the nagging and guilt trips from Birdie. On the other, she could get drunk – because of course they're going to have alcohol – and then she won't have to think about what happened on Halloween all those years ago.

"Sure."

Birdie's mouth dropped open, and to be fair the eyes of the other two girls widened. Calypso rarely ever agreed to go to parties. The loud music gave her a headache and it took too much alcohol to get her drunk, which led to a serious headache in the morning she never wanted to nurse.