TWENTY ━ ❝come together❞

( chapter xx

( chapter xx. COME TOGETHER )

🌙

Saturday came quickly and soon Calypso found herself in a cave near Hogsmeade to meet her uncle. After his letter, and her own to him, he had given her his location and Calypso looked around anxiously as she left the small town near the outside of Hogwarts in favor of the cave which he resided. She didn't know why he stayed there when he could just be a dog on the streets and no one would bat an eye. Calypso couldn't count the amount of times she had seen a stray animal sleeping in front of a store. But, whatever. She wasn't her uncle.

Her black hair was up in a bun because she had washed it that morning and really didn't feel like dealing with wet hair on her neck. Of course, she could just use a spell to dry it, but that meant having to brush and style it next and, honestly, she didn't have the time nor the will to deal with that. So, Calypso kept her hair up in a bun as she stepped into the cave.

It didn't have any remarkable qualities. It was just a cave, looking as anyone would suspect it to. Calypso shuffled and ventured the tiniest bit further, she would never admit that she was a tad bit scared to be in there, but couldn't find the familiar face of her uncle. But saying that, a familiar face, made it seem to her as if she had known him for a long time when really she had only truly met him a year ago. Of course, she had known him when she was a baby, he had been a constant in her life until the age of two – according to her mother – until he was brought to Azkaban.

But, really, she didn't know him then. She was too young and couldn't even remember him, so she had only known him for a year although she had heard about him and had been compared to him all her life.

"Hello?" Calypso eventually called out, looking around. She had made sure not to be too loud as to not alert anyone outside of the cave of her presence, although she doubted anyone would be close enough to hear her talking to her uncle. But still, details counted, especially when her uncle was supposed to be in Azkaban for allegedly murdering a lot of people. Well, thirteen really, fifteen if one counted the Potters that he indirectly murdered. That was according to the media, of course. "Anyone there?"

Calypso waited for a couple more moments, about to give up and leave in favor of Honeydukes and Three Broomsticks when her uncle emerged. He looked ghastly, as he had always looked except in pictures, with bags under his eyes and way too little meat on his bones, yet he still had a smile. "Calypso, my favorite niece," he greeted her, stretching out his arms for a hug.

And immediately, Calypso grinned back at him and attacked him with a hug, holding him close and trying to ignore the odor emitting from him. He really needed to bathe, but then again he didn't exactly have any water to use for that. "I'm your only niece, Uncle Pads," she reminded him.