France//Roses & Simplicities

AU where reader is blind.
Thank you WorldWarWafflez for the lovely idea.

Also I'm watching Shrek in the dark while writing this.

You're welcome.

***

Narrators POV

Y/n had been blind since birth.
However, in place of their sight, they had a stronger sense of touch and smell.
Y/n did not hate them-self for their blindness, nor did they mind. They actually enjoyed it in away. They loved to be connected to the world not by sight, but by feeling the earth and smelling the air.
And of course, they really loved flowers.

Especially roses.

Y/n had an entire garden dedicated to many types of flowers, but mostly roses and daisies.

Everyday, Y/n would walk to a small flower shop named La Vie Un Rose, where a wonderful man named Francis Bonnefoy worked. He would always try and give them a free rose, but they always declined and payed for it instead. Francis found this quite charming.

Of course he would try and flirt, but to no avail. Y/n would always decline politely.

Until one day...

*to present boi*

Y/n opened the door to La Vie un Rose, their service dog happily trotting in front.

"Bonsoir mademoiselle! I see you've arrived as usual," Francis smiled.

Y/n cocked an eyebrow and stated,"Of course I've arrived. I do everyday. Or, ya know, I wouldn't be here."
Francis laughed and shook his head.
"Ah Y/n, always so beautiful with words."
"I was only saying the truth?"
Francis laughed again and said,"Well my love, since you are only telling the truth, have a rose, free of charge of course."
Y/n took the rose and said," Ok you always insist that I take a rose free of charge. Well today I'm feeling especially angsty so I am going to accept your offer."

Francis cocked his eyebrow and smiled,"Well since you are feeling especially angsty, will you accept my offer of a date tonight?"

Y/n tapped their chin and thought for a second. "Well, sure. But only since I'm feeling especially angsty."

***
A/n yo yo yo Merlin just showed up to the party boiiiii... Shrek is mr. AngstyMemeDude *dabs*