Canada // Constellations

I laughed happily as I danced around the ballroom, switching partners as we went.

Everyone's told me that I'm a catch. I tend to attract people like flies. Most say it's my looks, others say my engaging personality. However I don't let that make me prideful, I mean I'm confident but still there are many people prettier and wittier than me.

I love having conversations though, but most of the time the partner only compliments me. I know my eyes are pretty but how about the stars tonight? I know my dress is dashing but how about that guy's hat over there? Isn't it extravagant? That's why I love dancing, especially at balls. Switching partners, to see if anyone is worth talking to. But, my plans always fail. But I keep smiling, waiting for the one, and because dancing is really fun.

The song ended and everyone bowed. I was grinning widely. I knew what song was next. The Waltz.

I began dancing, my partner in front of me. I looked up and was immediately intrigued. Unlike the rest of the men, he was wearing a navy blue bow tie with little yellow stars all over it.

We began dancing.
"Well hello there, my name is Matthew. And yours?" He smiled, his blonde hair blowing ever so slightly.
"Y/n. And must I say your bow tie is dashing! It reminds me of constellations in the sky."
"Precisely why I chose it! I've always been intrigued by the sky. That's why I chose to be an astronomer. And my bow tie has my favorite constellation-"
"Cassiopeia! One of my favorites actually." I grinned. I was actually having a conversation!

"Do you also study the stars?" He asked kind of excitedly, I could tell he was trying to contain himself.
"Yes I do! My mother always tells me to focus on sewing or cleaning, but I always find a way to study everything I can in secret. My mother hates it when I learn 'unwomanly' things. But I adore them."
"Would you like to get a drink with me and chat on the balcony?" Matthew asked.
"I'd love to."
We walked over to get some wine and then to the balcony.

"You said Cassiopeia was one of your favorite constellations, what's your favorite?" Matthew inquired, taking a sip of his white wine.
I happily sipped my red wine.
"My favorite is Pisces. The unique beauty of the placement of the stars, everything it represents. But mostly because it is the symbol of balance." I sipped my wine again.
Matthew was engaged in every word I said. I was so genuinely intrigued by him.

We chatted for the entire night, deep and witty conversation with a bit humor mixed within.
When it was finally time to leave, we were both madly disappointed.

He gave me his address, sadly in a different country, so we could write each other, and hopefully meet again someday.

We write everyday now. But now every time I'm at a ball, I'm slightly saddened that Matthew won't be there to talk to.

🌼🌿🌼

A/n hiiiiiiiiii I went to Canada!!! It was heckin amazing!!! I got so many trinkets... 10000/10 greatest country ever! So I had to make a fanfic about him being a sweety (as always) but with a lil twist.