Denmark//Valentine

8:34 am

I groggily awoke from bed, not wanting to get up at all.

Today is the day I've been dreading since 365 days ago, Valentine's Day.

One year ago today, my ex broke up with me the day before Valentine's Day so I did not plan on celebrating at all this year. I'm boycotting the holiday and no one can stop me!

Plus, in my personal opinion, you should treat your s/o nicely everyday not just on V-Day.

I put on my bunny slippers and headed down the stairs to the kitchen, not bothering to change since I planned on wearing my pajamas all day. I prepped the oven for some cinnamon rolls and turned on my coffee machine. While waiting for said items to be done, I went into the living room and turned on the tv. I scrolled through the channels and cringed at every Valentine's Day special shown on the screen. I settled on some spongebob and scrolled through my phone.

9:01 am

I finished my cinnamon rolls and decided to pour myself another cup of coffee while commercials where playing on tv. All of a sudden, my phone started buzzing out of control in my other hand, making some of my coffee spill over the counter. I cursed aloud and checked the caller ID, Mathias.

"Good morning Y/n how are you?!"
"Mathias I thought I told you I was gonna sulk all day!"
"What!? I remember no such thing! Anyways I'll be over at your house to hang out in like 30 minutes so be ready ok!?"
"Mathias I-"
"See you later Y/n!!"

I exhaled loudly and set my phone down. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped away the spilled coffee, grabbed my cup and headed back to the living room. If Mathias wanted to hang out, then fine. He knows I like to be in my pajamas anyway.

9:31 am

"HELLO THERE Y/N!" My front door burst open revealing a very excited and very well put together Dane. He had a black dress shirt on with a red tie and nice black pants. His hair still defied gravity, and in his arms were full of chocolates and a teddy bear. I got up from the couch and walked over to him.

"Hello Mathias! What's with the get up?"
"It's for you, Y/n! I remember how last Valentine's Day you got broken up with so I decided I'll be your Valentine! Nice outfit by the way!" He handed me the chocolates and the teddy bear and I smiled widely. Mathias blushed a little.

"Thank you so much Mathias." I hugged him very tightly, not ever wanting to let go.
Mathias hugged me back.
"No problem, Y/n." He pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"Is that spongbob I hear!? Let's go watch!" Mathias exclaimed as he ran into the living room. I laughed and followed.

Maybe this Valentine's Day won't be so bad after all.

✨✨✨
A/n yooooo two months later and I'm back!!! This update is wack but I'll get used to it lol. Anyways I'm super happy to be back! I've been extremely depressed and inactive but I've been feeling a bit better so hopefully I'll be able to update more often. Also we're #13 on hetalia one shots?!?!?? What the actual heck?!?!? I love you all?!??!?

~Finn