America//The Somber Wedding

I wasn't mad. I wasn't even disappointed. I knew this would happen sooner or later. The curse of being a witch, I guess.

Who was I to even hope I could love him forever and him love me? Who was I to have that little glimmer of faith that we could last, that he wouldn't leave me alone?

Now here I am, at his wedding. The prince,  Alfred. The only man I ever loved.

And of course he asked me to help out. We were just friends after all. So I said sure. He asked if I could plant flowers with my wand. One of the most simple spells. And again, who could say no to those blue eyes?

I walked down the aisle, planting flowers with my wand along the path. Secretly in my mind though, I was imagining myself gracefully waltzing down the aisle about to be married by the man I love. But who am I to even be loved?

I just have to lock these feelings away, and send the key to the bottomless pit.

~the wedding~

I stood there in the back pew, Alfred's bride beautifully floats down the aisle. She was of purebred royalty, and let's just say it was her idea to segregate the magical creatures and regular humans. She's not evil, just a little snobby. And I could tell why Alfred fell for her, she was drop dead gorgeous. And who am I to judge true love?

She arrived at the pew, both her and Alfred's eyes beaming. A small smile graced my lips. They were happy. I should be happy for them.

But when they both said I do, when they kissed, I couldn't help but feel my heart shatter into a million pieces.
The key was thrown away.