2p Canada//Romeo and Juliet

✨Inspired by a cute story from tumblr✨

I sighed heavily as I got my books from my locker, hesitantly going towards the worst class of the day. Literature.

It's not that I hate literature, in fact it's the opposite, I absolutely adore it. My teacher however, is the reason for my kindled hatred of the class.

I walked in and sat at my usual seat by the door, so when the bell rings I can get out of there as fast as physically possible. More kids trickled in as my leg bounced in anticipation. My anxiety is always at its height here. The teacher cleared her throat and stood in front of the class.

"Everyone, open your books to page 224. We are picking up where we left off but we are switching roles." She turned to the chalkboard and began a list of characters and students.

Romeo: Mathieu
Juliet: Y/n
Paris: Francis
Mercutio: Allen
Benvolio: Roderich
Tybalt: Lovino
Nurse: Elizabeta
Exc exc

I glanced over the list several times. There's no way in hell I'm Juliet! The most important role I've had this far was Lady Capulet and now I'm the lead? I couldn't back down, though. I couldn't show Ms. Devil that I am a coward to back down from the lead role. I bit my tongue and awaited her next instructions.

"Ok class, today we are reading the famous balcony scene. So in honor of this precious and iconic scene, I'm going to need Y/n and Mathieu to come up here please."

Mathieu and I exchanged confused looks. "Y/n I'm going to need you sitting in this chair and Mathieu I'm going to need you on your knee." The class murmured excitedly. Highschool students always find the oddest things entertaining.

I sat in the swivel chair awkwardly with my book in my lap, Mathieu just as awkward on the ground.

"Ok, you shall begin!"

"But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief..." Mathieu began, although he didn't look at the book, he looked right at me, a hint of pink on his pale cheeks.
"...As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand!
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!"

"Ay me!" I said awkwardly. Mathieu smiled a bit.

✨✨✨

"Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear
That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops--"

"O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon,
That monthly changes in her circled orb,
Lest that thy love prove likewise variable."

"What shall I swear by?"

"Do not swear at all;
Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self,
Which is the god of my idolatry,
And I'll believe thee."

"If my heart's dear love--"

And some reading later, we finished the iconic scene. Some of Mathieu's friends whistled and he flushed a dark shade of red.

Ms. Devil had a horrid grin on her face.
" Sweet Mathieu, you didn't even look at your book once, don't tell me you're a fan of Shakespeare?"
Mathieu looked around nervously, both of us still in our previous position.
Mathieu shrugged. "I guess."

I smiled softly at him. Maybe he had a sweet side no one knew about until now. Even though he was stand-offish and seemingly cold, I couldn't help but get the feeling that he meant every word said to me. When he recited from memory, he looked up at me with longingly with those puppy dog eyes. His voice spoke with such immaculate passion that i felt as if he himself was a lovesick boy talking to the person of his dreams.

I shook the feeling away. There's no way he could like me. Maybe he's just a really good actor.

I met up with Elizabeta after class and she playfully punched me on the arm.

"Hey, Y/n you're blushing! Don't tell me you've fallen for sweet Romeo!"

Suddenly my face felt burning hot and I realized that I was blushing hard.

"No way! I am not crushing on Mathieu if that's what you're getting at!"

Elizabeta chuckled.

"Whatever you say, Juliet."

✨✨✨

A/n hello bbys! this story happened in my class but it was two guy jocks and it was really funny. anyways i hope you all are having a fantastic day or night!

~Finn