The Party

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from this story. Rick Riordian does. So enjoy the story. @2017

Annabeth Chase looked at herself in the bathroom mirror. Sure, she was a famous actress and model. But she didn't feel good. She didn't feel good because the Luke Castellan had just flirted with her on the red carpet. She had just been at the red carpet premiere for her new movie, Cowbells.

Cowbells was about a girl named Sarah, who had competed in a contest in good old Texas, to prove to all the women in town that they could be more than just trophy wives. Luke, of course had played the antagonist and love interest in the 1960s set movie. She had a big crush on him during the production, but he had never noticed her.

Until now, at the red carpet when she had help from her manager, Piper, to look good for the paparazzi. She wore a loose bun with pearl earrings and a matching necklace. She had on a dark blue, strapped dress. She had red lipstick, (that according to her make-up artist matched her personality), and eyeliner that made her eyes look glam. Her make-up was over done and nothing she would pick out herself, but she had learned to deal with it, being a celebrity and all.

(Flashback)

"Hey Annabeth, you look beautiful today," Luke said as he walked up to her in the VIP room for the actors. She noticed him checking her out.

She almost spilled the punch she was putting in her cup, when she turned to face Luke completely. He had never complimented her or called her beautiful before. She was surprised.

"Wha-What?!!" she replied as she blushed furiously. He was already in a relationship with his girlfriend, Rachel Elizabeth Dare, and now he seemed to be hitting on her. She felt furious and happy at the same time. Rachel was a good person from what she'd known and she didn't want to get on her bad side.

"I said you look beautiful today, would you maybe want to go somewhere after the premiere ends," he commented after winking at her.

Annabeth's happiness turned to confusion and thoughts flooded her mind. Luke wasn't playing her, right?! He wouldn't just want to go "somewhere" for nothing. He probably just wanted to use her for attention, she thought, as she remembered what her friend, Piper, told her.

And exactly why was he cheating on his own girlfriend? She decided to make an escape out of the awkward situation.

"I-I have to go," she stammered, before she hurried to the bathroom.

Annabeth sighed. This had always happened to her. Whenever she'd find a really cute guy, they'd turn out to be really selfish, cocky, rude. For once, she wanted to meet a nice guy who was actually into her. But, she guessed that stuff only happens in fairy tales or in movies.

She heard the door to the bathroom slam open. She looked up to find a pretty brunette with tanned skin who was wearing a matching, pearl necklace that looked just like hers.

"Piper!" she yelled before greeting her manager with a hug.

**************************************

Thank you so much for reading! ❤️ Don't forget to vote and follow me @chaseandfray!

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

**Edit** Please be aware that this was written a long time ago when I wasn't aware that of every grammar rule and changed the characters to their "celebrity selves" and going back to it now, I feel the urge to delete it. The only reason I haven't is because I know people enjoy rereading this story and I don't want to take that opportunity away from them. Only saying this because people keep on spamming me about accuracy when this fanfic was completed by a middle schooler.

And to the people who are highly critical of this story, if you don't like, simply don't read it. I have other books I'm in the process that are more accurate to book characters like "Superstar Goes Cowboy", I encourage you to check it out.