Chapter 4

Killian's POV

Thankfully that whole Neal thing was just that day. He ended up leaving town and he really got under Emma's skin. Henry on the other hand wont even talk about his father being here. For some reason I blame myself for this for how upset they both are.

"Swan, Hey can I come in?" I ask knocking on her door.

"No I had a bad day and seeing Neal yesterday made it even worse." She says.

"Well if you need me I'll be here to talk." I say.

"I know. Your always looking out for me." She says.

I walked away from her door and went over to Henry's room.

"Lad can we talk?" I ask.

"Umm sure." He says.

I walked into his room and he was playing on his computer.

"Henry I know the subject of your father is painful, but if you ever want to talk about it. Im here okay." I say.

He just nodded at me, but didnt say a word and I could tell that thought of his father really hurts him. As I was walking out Henry managed to say something.

"Why did he leave us? We're we that bad?" He asks.

"I dont know why he left you I cant speak for him. Though for me I think he made a big mistake. You and your mother are both very special I couldnt imagine why someone would ever leave you both. Your not bad Henry neither is your mother, so promise me you will never think that again." I say to him.

"I promise." He says.

Emma's POV

I listened to what Henry had asked Killian and it broke my heart, but hearing what Killian said about us made me even more grateful to have him in our lives. Henry is growing into a wonderful young man and I'd like to think its all because of Killian.

"Woah Swan. Im sorry." Killian says as he walked out of Henry's room bumping into me.

"Its okay. Hey I heard what you said. Thank you." I say.

"Your very welcome. He needed that and so did you. I hope its helps you both cope with this whole Neal thing." He says.

He started to walk away when I grabbed his arm.

"Killian wait... I just want you to know that... Im glade Henry is acting more like you then like his father. You are a good example of what how a real man should be. I can never repay you for that." I say.

"You never half too. Just always remember that no matter what I'll always be here and I will never disappear on you or your son." He says.

He walked to his room and I then realized that the reason I never let any other man near Henry and that was because Killian is the only man I want my son to look up too, respect, and someday even turn out be just like him. I want Henry to grow up to be a real man like Killian and not some asshole like his father.