Chapter 8

Emma's POV

When I came here 12 years ago for help I never thought Killian would actually let us stay this long. Though I am grateful. Since Henry was still at school and Killian was at work I went over to the mail box and grabbed the mail. Then I noticed a letter addressed to Killian and it was from Neal. This really freaked me out so I went to Killian's work and pulled him out so he could talk to me about this.

"Swan I was working." Killian says.

"I dont care. Im more worried about this letter that came to you from Neal." I say.

"Wait what?" He questions.

"Yeah look." I say holding the letter in his face.

"Swan maybe this is an apology for just dropping by." He says.

"Okay then open it and let me read whats inside." I say.

"I cant let you do that Swan." He says.

"And why not?" I ask.

"Because I dont want you to get hurt or upset. We know what he did to you and Henry. Its best we throw this out." He says.

"I want to read it." I demand.

"Okay." He says and opened it.

"Thank you." I say.

He didnt even look at me when he read the letter to himself. Then he just crumpled it up and threw it away.

"Its not worth it." He says and walked back inside.

I grabbed the note out of the trash and headed back to the house. Once I was alone I read it.

Well it would see that Emma and Henry havent read my note or havent forgiven me. You would think 12 years and 12 letters a year they would finally at least think about how sorry I am. I guess they dont care, but Im sorry. God I really hate that they cant forgive me. Please give Emma and Henry this letter like you have with all the others. Its not your fault they hate me. Please take good care of them.

-Neal

Okay now Killian is gonna get it.

Killian's POV

When I walked inside the house after a long day I saw Emma on the couch with the note in her hand and her son by her side and I knew they knew the truth.

"Care to explain?" Emma asks.

"Sure. Neal has been sending letter, but I got rid of them." I say.

"Why?" Henry asks.

"Because I thought he was gonna make me try and send you guys back to him." I lie.

"Killian the truth now." Emma says.

"Follow me." I say.

I walked out to the shed and they both followed me. I opened the drawer with all the letters inside.

"Oh my god. You have been hiding this for us. How could you?" Henry asks.

"Lad Im sorry." I say.

"Well I dont care. I hate you." He says and rans back into the house.

"Swan... Listen to me. I did this for the best. I dont trust Neal and I dont believe what he says in his letters. I did this to keep you both safe." I say.

She said nothing to me and just looked through the letters. After about 5 minutes she slammed the drawer shut and just looked at me.

"Just stay out here. Henry and I will go to Granny's. I dont ever want to see you again." She says and walked out.

"Swan please." I say.

"No... Henry and I are leaving. This time you cant blame Neal for hurting us. Cause this time it was you." She says.

She got her stuff and Henry had his things and they got into her car and just drove off. As they drove away it felt like my heart was sinking in my chest. This was all my fault and now I've lost the two most important people in my life.