prologue

Jaein: summer break is coming soon, I'm so happy

Chaejung: then another term starts, yay...

Arim: I heard that the school invited someone over to be our student

Jaein: when school is already ending? Who would be so important that the school would need to INVITE him over

Arim: that's not all, I heard that the person will lead the idol club

Chaejung: ...you mean the idol club the 3 of us failed to enter?

Jaein: exactly, there's only 1 idol club in our school

Arim: i'm planning to ask that person for help, what do you guys think?

Chaejung: we'll go with you, don't worry.

-----------

Jaein quietly smiled to herself as she started to have some hope that she can enter the idol club before she had to put everything away and focus on the public exam she'll have to take in November. She was about to continue texting with her friends when she suddenly stopped.

Her smile dropped immediately as she noticed Jibeom glancing at her phone as he sat afar from her on the sofa. She was dissatisfied. "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing." Jibeom rolled his eyes and started playing on his phone.

"Aigoo... you two should talk to each other more instead of fighting." Both of their parents sighed and tried to convince them.

"I have nothing to say." Both of them replied in sync without looking at each other, just like every other time this happened.

Jaein and Jibeom were in that awkward relationship where their parents are close friends but they're not.

They used to get along, but something that happened between them made them rivals.

----------------

Arim put her phone aside as she noticed the time. She had been sitting the whole time, watching Donghyun, her best friend, practice his dance like always.

"Donghyun oppa!" Arim yelled, trying to get his attention by yelling over the loud music.

Donghyun noticed, and turn the music off.

"Yes?" He asked with a cute smile.

"It's really late now, we should go back." Arim said.

"Okay then, wait a moment for me to pack my things." Donghyun replied.

"Sure." Arim said and stood up from the floor.

"You still need to go to school tomorrow, right?" Donghyun questioned and Arim pouted in response.

"Aww~ I know you don't want to go, but I went already, it's your turn." Donghyun laughed and ruffled her hair.

"Fine, I will." Arim nodded with a smile.

"It'd be great to see you more often." Donghyun showed his cute eye smile as he opened the door for her.

"Me too." Arim laughed a bit and they left the practice room together.

---------------

Jangjun was walking around the shopping mall when he walked past a store that sells video games. People were gathering around the entrance, where display video games are available for the public to play.

He suddenly heard a cheer among them.

"Woah, she's good. Can't believe a girl could beat all of us that easily." Jangjun got curious as a group of boys walked out from the crowd, chatting excitedly.

"Who's next?" He then heard a girl's voice in the middle of the crowd.

"Me!!!" A bunch of people raised their hands. Jangjun didn't even think about it, and rushed into the crowd. He stopped to find himself right in front of the girl people are talking about.

"She seem to be a student, what is she doing here late at night?" Jangjun thought to himself.

Watching closely, he thought that she's actually kind of pretty too.

"Do you want to try?" The girl asked him with a smile, passing him one of the controllers. "Don't try if you're afraid of losing."

"Sure, I'll win." The people cheered as Jangjun replied confidently.

The girl laughed in response. "Did you watch the previous battles?"

"No, but I still have a chance." Jangjun smiled.

"Go ahead then."

Within 3 minutes, Jangjun got defeated, badly.

Chaejung was surprised because it was her first time seeing someone that bad at playing video games, yet he looked more confident than ever. Not to mention this guy is quite good looking.

Meanwhile, Jangjun was amazed at how this girl looked so attractive when playing video games. He never really thought he would be interested by a girl like her.

"Too bad." The girl shrugged as Jangjun passed the controller back to her. The people around them were laughing at how bad he was.

Jangjun didn't seem embarrassed at all, and just smiled, "I'll come back to you." And then he left the crowd.

"Hope to see you soon, bluffing guy."

Chaejung smiled as she watches the boy leaves, and went aside to text her friends after announcing her short break.