30

The next day in the school hall...

"Come on guys, focus so we can learn the dance quickly then we'll try again with the positions." Hayoung, standing at the very front of the stage, clapped her hands loudly to get the attention of the girls and complained.

"Okay, you guys got this, right? Let's try again." Bomin smiled as he taught the boys in the class the dance at the other side of the school hall.

Even though the boys weren't doing so well, Bomin still didn't lose his patience. He understood that this school isn't an art school after all.

"Oh my god..." Chaejung groaned as she tore another piece of paper off her notebook.

Chaejung and Arim were offstage. She's working on her rap while Arim is creating the choreography for the dance break.

"Chaejung, you can take a break if you want," Hayoung said, "Arim, you too. You can come and learn the dance with us."

"Nah." Both of them shrugged.

Jaein was learning the dance silently at the back of the stage, without being noticed.

"The stage isn't big enough. All the backstage crew and unrelated people go backstage." Hayoung said, staring at Jaein, but Jaein ignored her, still practicing her steps. Hayoung groaned.

"Let's do this once with the positions then." Haein said, giving Hayoung a look.

"Alright. Boys come over as well. You stand here, you'll stand here..." Hayoung started arranging the positions.

"Hey Hayoung," Bomin said.

"Yeah?" Hayoung asked.

"I have to leave early, sorry." He answered.

"Bomin, where are you going?" Arim asked. Bomin just winked at her.

"Okay." Hayoung nodded. Then Bomin left.

Everyone who's on stage got in position except for Jaein, as well as Arim and Chaejung who were still working.

Jaein finally spoke after hesitating for a while. "Where do I stand?"

"You don't have a position." Hayoung answered, expressionless.

"Then do I-"

"Get off stage and don't bother us," Hayoung said coldly.

"You-" Chaejung angrily stood up but got held back by Arim, who knew that things will get worse if they fought.

"Alright, I'll start the music." Hayoung smiled then went to the music player.

Jaein sighed and left the stage, going to where Chaejung and Arim are at.

"I swear I'll-" Chaejung was still furious at how Hayoung spoke to her friend.

Jaein cut her off before any curse words could come out from her mouth. "Just leave it. I'm fine. I don't want to make you guys lose your part too."

"Why would we care if we lose our part? Plus, thinking on the bright side, we're going to practice for our team's showcase too. You'll definitely have the time to shine." Arim smiled.

"That's true," Jaein nodded. But she sighed once again.

On the inside she hoped that her friends would defend her at least for once, but she didn't want to bother them, nor wanted to see them fight with anyone.

-------------

"I see we all arrived." Rico smiled as Jaein, Arim and Chaejung enter the practice room.