39

3 days later, 6pm

Two teenagers walked silently together in the supermarket. One was pushing the cart and the other one was holding a piece of paper.

Jibeom finally broke the silence as he let out a sigh. "This is so awkward."

"Let's quickly buy everything and then go back." Jaein sighed as well and glanced at the paper in her hand.

Apparently, the two families were having a gathering again. And out of nowhere, the parents shoved a shopping list into the teenagers' hands and pushed them out of the house. This was because they're "grownups and should start to help" by doing the shopping for them.

"Oh right, have you told your parents about Rico yet?" She asked Jibeom, who nodded in response.

"I only told them I got a girlfriend, but I didn't tell them anything more," he replied, "maybe I'll let Rico meet them soon."

Jibeom put some things inside the shopping cart. "I bet they'll bring this topic up at dinner later."

"My parents will be making those annoying jokes again." Jaein rolled her eyes, ticking off items on the shopping list with her pen.

She could already predict how her parents would react to the situation, talking about how Jibeom will no longer be able to take care of her and how she should or shouldn't get a boyfriend herself.

"Don't worry about it, I have a strong feeling that you'll be unavailable... pretty soon," Jibeom smirked.

Jaein laughed a bit, "I don't trust your so-called strong feeling, sorry."

"Then what do you think?" He chuckled, silently admitting that his predictions were mostly incorrect according to his experience. "How do you think your relationships would go?"

"Unsuccessful, obviously," she replied.

"In what way will it be unsuccessful?" He questioned.

"Maybe... getting rejected? I don't know," Jaein shrugged in response.

Jibeom furrowed his eyebrows, "you're going to confess?"

"Yes, I will."

"Why are you so determined this time?"

"I think I should give it a try," Jaein smiled. "Sungyoon is attractive, so it's unavoidable that he's popular. Probably many people are going after him as well. I think I'll regret it if he ends up with someone else when I didn't even try to let him know how I feel."

She made up her mind ever since she had the dance class with him and the others. She realised that if she doesn't make a move, he'll be taken away anytime soon. However, she wasn't confident that he'll accept her confession.

"Ah... good luck in trying... then," the boy slowly replied.

They didn't talk much as they quickly found most of the things they needed to buy in the supermarket.

"We don't need that," Jaein said, taking a look at the list as Jibeom took a packet of candy from the shelf.

"Aye~" The boy grinned playfully, "wouldn't hurt to get ourselves a treat."

She rolled her eyes as he took a different pack. "1 is enough."

"This is yours." He threw the snacks into the shopping cart.

"Oh, I thought it's yours since you used to have a lot of these in your home back when we were very young."

"This isn't my favourite," Jibeom explained. "Don't you know? My parents only kept a lot of these candies in our house because they thought you liked it."