24

The next day... 5:45am

"Rico?" Jaein quietly questioned as she sat up from her bed.

"Jaein? Why are you awake?" Rico, who was about to leave the room, asked while looking surprised. "I'm going to meet the other instructors. Did I wake you up by accident?"

"It's fine, I usually don't sleep well in camps..." Jaein answered, shaking her head.

"I understand, then why don't you go and watch the sunrise?" Rico suggested after looking at her watch.

"Sun... rise?"

"It's really beautiful, trust me. It's one of my favorite moments during the training to become an instructor." Rico said with a smile.

"Okay." Jaein nodded.

Rico left first because she's in a hurry, while Jaein washed up and left 10 minutes later.

Jaein remembered about the outdoor open area for activities and to gather for meals. There are a few benches to sit there and the place faces the sea and the trees. It's a perfect place to watch the sunrise.

So she went there, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw Sungyoon sitting on one of those benches, with his back facing her. He's waiting for the sunrise as well. She hesitated for a while before deciding to speak up.

"Sungyoon?" Jaein questioned. He turned around and smiled when he saw her.

"Good morning." He greeted.

"A-ah, good morning..." she replied.

"Come here. Sit with me." He said, patting the seat next to him on the bench.

Jaein sat next to him, playing with her hands awkwardly because she didn't know what to say or do.

"Did you sleep well?" Sungyoon asked, Jaein shook her head and he laughed.

"I usually can't sleep well whenever I'm sleeping at an unfamiliar place." Sungyoon said.

"Me too." Jaein answered.

"When the sun fully rises, we'll go back, alright?" Sungyoon ruffled her hair and she blushed.

"S-sure." She nodded shyly.

After a while, the sun finally started to rise.

"Finally." A huge smile appeared on Sungyoon's face. Jaein felt a bit surprised because she never saw him this happy before.

The sunrise lasted for 5 minutes. They didn't speak the whole time.

"Woah... it was fast." Jaein said quietly.

"Yeah, so we should treasure it more." Sungyoon said.

"Ahh hyung why did you call me out so early- oh... hi." At this moment, Joochan came out, yawning, but stopped his actions once he saw the scene.

"You missed the sunrise." Sungyoon simply replied.

"I see..." Joochan nodded, looking regretful.

"It's fine, I took some pictures." Jaein finally spoke. Joochan's expression lightened up.

"Can I see?" Joochan asked and she nodded, taking out her phone.

"I'll go back first." Sungyoon patted both of them on the head before standing up, leaving. Joochan quickly took a seat next to Jaein.

--------------

Time skip

"Guys, do you know why you're here?" Jisung asked everyone with a smile.