35

"Do I really look okay?" Rico asked, standing in front of the full length mirror, looking at her outfit.

"You look beautiful," Jaein replied with a smile before she continued playing with Rico's cat.

"How about my makeup?"

"I was the one who did the makeup for you, Rico."

"Oh right, haha..."

It's the day of the date. Jaein came over to Rico's house early to help her get ready.

"I'm so excited, but I'm also very nervous," Rico sighed, her voice was slightly shaking as she spoke.

"Just enjoy your date. Trust me it won't go wrong," Jaein winked.

After Rico received a phone call from Jibeom, she got ready and went outside the house. He was waiting for her already.

"Hi," Jibeom greeted after she walked to him.

The atmosphere was awkward because it's the first time they're so formal with each other. Jibeom sounded pretty awkward as well, and Rico ended up bending down laughing.

"Hi," she responded cheerfully after she stood up again, still laughing as she spoke.

Her actions, which may seem weird to other people, didn't surprise or bother Jibeom, he just smiled knowing she's happy because of him.

"We have a lot of things to do today," he said, taking Rico's hand in his before they started walking, "let's go."

Jaein, inside Rico's house and watching through the window, made sure they left before leaving the house and meeting Joochan, who was also hiding.

"Oh my god... they look so good together," Joochan said, looking excited after stealing another glance at the direction the soon-to-be couple went.

Jaein smiled widely, "I know right."

"Now that they left, let's go and practice with the others as much as possible."

———————————

"You have 45 minutes to solve the mystery, good luck."

Right after the door closed, Jibeom immediately thought to himself, "why the fuck did they choose this theme... how did those two even play this beforehand?"

On the other hand, Rico already ditched Jibeom to start solving the puzzles.

"Wow... I respect all people who make escape rooms," Rico said.

"Same..." Jibeom answered and carefully made his way to help Rico.

"Oh look what I found," she entered a passcode to a box, opened it and took out a sword, passing it to Jibeom.

"What the hell? Are we going to fight anyone?" He widened his eyes and Rico burst out laughing.

After a while they finally unlocked the lock to another room, which is even darker than the first one.

Jibeom was impressed. "Wow Rico, you're quick. Have you ever played this before?"

Before he even realized, Rico already dragged him inside the darker room.

"It's my first time playing this theme. But I've tried other ones before. This is relatively easy," she casually responded, not bothered by how narrow the room is and its creepy surroundings.

"Gosh..." Jibeom couldn't help but shiver when he saw the scary settings in the dark: a fake dead body lying on the bed while another one is hanging from the ceiling.