8

Jaein was laughing her butt off at her friends with their trainings while sitting on the sofa in the living room.

Yes, Jibeom and his family came to her house. And in days like this Jaein was not allowed to lock herself in her room which was a torture for her.

"You're so noisy." Jaein looked up and complained with an annoyed expression as she watched Jibeom turn up the volume at its maximum while playing games on his phone.

"Then don't listen." Jibeom replied, annoyed as well.

"You're the one who needs to turn the volume down." Jaein said.

"You're noisy as well." He fought back.

"Then don't listen!" Jaein rolled her eyes.

"Aish why are you so annoying unlike your friends?!" Jibeom placed his phone down and glared at her.

"Why are you so mean unlike your friends?!" She asked back.

"Because I hate you!"

"Thanks! I hate you too."

The two went back to doing their own stuff.

"Your teammates are really kind, especially Sungyoon. And you're just a brat." Jaein said quietly.

"Yeah, Sungyoon hyung is so kind, that it's a miracle that he'd spend time with someone as ugly as you." Jibeom answered, rolling his eyes.

"Being ugly doesn't stop me from doing what I want." Jaein paused for a while, before speaking back.

"You're so stubborn. Just focus on your studies already. Singing and dancing isn't your thing at all, you'll just fail." He replied, placing his phone down once again, finally looking at Jaein properly for once. She stood up.

"You're no one to decide what my life should be." She said, looking angry, a little sad as well.

"Then good because I'd be so pleased to see your life messed up like that." Jibeom stood up and shrugged.

"You-"

"Alright, are you two still fighting?" Both of their parents came out from the kitchen. Jaein's father asked.

"Jaein, you're 18, can't you be more mature?" Her mother scolded.

"Jibeom, you're older than Jaein. Can't you be a good older brother and look after her?" Jibeom's mother asked.

"I have an idea. We'll keep the two outside the house until they stopped fighting?" Jibeom's father suggested.

"But dad-"

"But uncle-"

"Agree!" The other 3 parent said in sync.

"Crap." The two kids mumbled.

-------------------

"So basically... you're saying you and Jibeom got locked outside your house because you two were fighting? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- sorry I'm not supposed to laugh am I?" Arim was talking on the phone with Jaein.

Arim and Chaejung knew Jaein had a rival, but they just didn't know who it is. It didn't take long for them to realize that Jaein's enemy is Jibeom.

"Haha, very funny, Lee Arim. Tomorrow once I get back to school I'll tell everyone that you and Bomin-"

"What what what?! Huh?! What would you tell?" Arim asked teasingly, but actually freaking out on the inside.

"Okay, then I'll tell Bomin that you..." Arim thought of an idea after hearing Jaein teasing her nonstop.

"Ah anyways, you should be honoured to get locked outside the house with a cute guy like Jibeom..." Arim first said.

"He's not cute! He's hideous on the inside-"

"Oh oops! Donghyun oppa is calling. Bye!" Arim made an excuse and ended the call, and laughed like crazy after that.

Suddenly, her phone rang again. She thought it was Jaein again, but it's Donghyun.

"HOLY CR-" Arim screamed, staring at her phone in shock. She was just joking when she ended the call.

"Hello?" She picked up the call and asked carefully.

"Hey Arimmie." Donghyun replied.

"How are you doing, oppa?" She questioned.

"I'm doing well. And I called you for a reason..." He answered, sounding hesitant at the end.

"What is it?" She asked curiously, but at the same time worried that it might be bad news.

"I might not have told you before but...."

"I have a girlfriend."

----------------------

"THE F*CK?! You're saying that Donghyun has a girlfriend?!" Chaejung screamed into her phone while standing in front of the store. All the customers looked at her in horror but the girl wasn't bothered at all.

"Yes..." Arim replied slowly.

"Then what does it have to do with you? I thought you like Bomin." Chaejung sighed and asked.

"I don't know, I thought I should be happy but somehow I felt like I'm being poked somewhere in my heart and it kinda hurts..."

Chaejung facepalmed. "How do I deal with people like you?"

"But-"

"Just forget it. Donghyun is not yours, he's not your crush. You like Bomin." Chaejung cuts her off, "I won't feel bad for you unless you tell me that you like Donghyun."

She knew she's not doing so well at comforting her friend and being a role of a listener, but she couldn't help it. This is how she is. She felt a bit bad for Arim for choosing the wrong person to rant to.

"You're right, maybe I'm just being a little too selfish..." Arim replied with a sigh.

"I'll go to work, talk to you later." Chaejung said and ended the call.

"Chaejung ah!" Chaejung jumped when someone called her all of a sudden.

"Jangjun why are you here?!" She asked, surprised.

"I left my phone here so..." Jangjun scratched the back of his head and laughed a little, replying.

"Ah, I see... wait for me." Chaejung nodded, and ran inside to get his phone and came back outside.

"It's this one, right?" She questioned.

"Yes, thank you." Jangjun smiled widely, Chaejung passed him his phone and he took the phone from her, holding her hand on purpose.

"Umm... let go of my hand." Chaejung coughed, a little embarrassed.

"No." She mentally facepalmed as Jangjun said with no shame.

"Ugh fine... then answer me a question first." Chaejung tried to avoid the stares from the customers, and said to Jangjun.

"Go ahead and ask." He smiled.

"You all have girlfriends, right?" Jangjun's eyes slightly widened as he heard the question from her.

"Umm, not all of us do." He answered.

"Do you?" She asked.

"Haha... no." Jangjun replied, a little embarrassed.

"I'll leave my heart to you." He then mumbled.

"What was that?" Chaejung asked.

"Nothing!" Jangjun exclaimed, embarrassed as he tried to let go of Chaejung's hand, but this time it was her turn not letting him go.

"What did you say?" Chaejung asked, playfully teasing him.

"I- oh look! Jaeseok hyung with his girlfriend!" Jangjun exclaimed, pointing at a direction, 2 people walking together.

"Jaeseok has a girlfriend?!"