44

The day of the showcase

Everyone went to the practice room early in the morning, working hard practicing all the way until noon.

"What do you think?" Daeyeol asked Donghyun, who took an important role in managing their performance. Just now they tried performing the whole performance once.

"I think practice can end here," he replied after thinking for a while, "we'll do well and have fun on stage."

Since it's the end of practice, everyone went out for lunch in small groups they formed. Jaein, Arim, and Chaejung returned to the practice room early after eating together while the rest were still outside.

"Here you go," Minah passed Jaein a packet of gummy bears after she came back, "what you asked me to buy."

Jaein looked up from preparing the makeup products she'll be using. "Ah, thanks."

She opened the packet of gummy bears and her expression changed.

"Minah..." she spoke.

Minah had to hold back her laughter because of what she had done, on purpose. "Yeah?"

Jaein took out one, to be exact two, gummy bears, which had their hands linked together. "What is this?"

"A special edition!" Minah replied cheerfully, "in which the gummy bears are couples!"

Her response made Arim and Chaejung burst out laughing, while Jaein was speechless.

"I want to see I want to see!!" Arim ran over to Jaein excitedly to take a look at the gummy bears.

"Gosh Lim Minah..." Jaein sighed, handing her the whole packet, "take it. Even the gummy bears have someone to date, seriously..."

Coincidentally the googoos plus Bomin came back to the practice room together. Arim immediately went to Bomin to show him what the girls found.

"Isn't this cute?" Arim grinned, holding up a gummy bear.

Bomin smiled in response, "yeah, but do you know why these gummy bears are made like this?"

"To attack people who are single?" She asked jokingly.

"Technically correct," he replied, taking the linked gummy bears and put half of it into Arim's mouth. "And this is the real reason why these are made like this."

Bomin leaned in and ate the remaining half of the gummy bears before pulling away, leaving Arim in a blushing mess while the others were shocked.

"YAH!" Donghyun shouted, "STOP WITH THIS SHIT."

"Oh my god," Chaejung covered her eyes, "even if most of us here aren't single you guys can't be like this."

"Sorry guys," Bomin laughed.

"Don't let them get near this again," Jibeom took the packet of gummy bears from Arim and gave it to Joochan, "keep it away from them, case closed."

———————————

Everyone was busy doing their own things, either waiting to get their makeup done or was already done with it.

Chaejung walked over to Sungyoon, who sat aside playing games on his phone. She slapped his back hard, making him groan in pain.

"Ouch..." he looked up from his phone. "What is it?"

As soon as Jangjun saw the two of them interacting, he immediately got up from his seat and went to them.

"Just one thing," Chaejung said, "you're not with Jaein most of the time recently. Did anything happen?"

"Oh yeah!" Jangjun exclaimed, joining in the conversation, "back then she would stay beside you, but recently she hangs out with Joochan a lot instead. Perhaps..."