31

"You'll help me, right?" Jibeom's eyes brightened as he stared at Jaein.

"Why should I?" She asked back.

"Didn't Rico make us stop arguing? You're returning her a favor by helping," he said, trying his best to convince her. "Like you know, it's highly possible that she likes me back. The only uncertain thing is whether she'll confess to me first or not."

"Hmm... yeah." Jaein just shrugged at his answer.

Of course she knew that they liked each other. She shipped them and would be happy to see them together, but she had no idea how she could help them.

Also, she was pretty sure that no matter how obvious Rico acts towards Jibeom, there's no way that she'll confess. Jibeom must be the one to take action.

"But," she replied, "you know that you're now asking advice from a person who has never dated anyone before."

"I know, but you can give advice from the point of view of a girl. And..." Jibeom answered.

Both of them sat down on the floor, knowing that this discussion would probably last long.

"And?"

He winked and said, "you're not the only one who'll help me."

"You're seriously bad at winking," Jaein responded, remaining expressionless.

"Ouch, but aren't you curious who'll be helping as well?" Jibeom questioned.

"It's Joochan, right?" She asked.

"How did you know?"

"He's your best friend. Of course he'll help," Jaein rolled her eyes. "But oh well, I don't mind working with him." A smile appeared on Jibeom's face.

"Then thanks a lot!" He exclaimed, clasping his hands together.

"Good luck," she smiled back.

"When are you guys free? Maybe you two can meet up and create a plan," Jibeom suggested, "and then Rico and I will go out together on the day after."

Jaein took out her phone. "Well... starting from tomorrow we have 5 days of free time in total before our next group practice."

"Tomorrow I have singing training with Sungyoon-"

"Woah, you're really serious about the training." Jibeom widened his eyes and Jaein gave him a confused look.

"Continue." The boy stuck out his tongue playfully.

Jaein looked a little hesitant as she continued, "the last day my class has practice for music competition and I... will go?"

"Why are you unsure about it?" Jibeom asked.

"Well... because apparently I'm not supposed to be on stage?" She answered.

"It's because of Song Hayoung, right?" He questioned. Jaein nodded, kind of surprised that he knew what was going on.

They only have a one year age difference, and because of the friendship between their parents, they went to the same schools starting from kindergarten.

"Ah right, I still have to deal with this," Jibeom mumbled under his breath.

"What?" Jaein asked.

"Nothing!" He shook his head. "So we have 3 days left without anything to do?"

"Let me see..." She answered, looking back at her phone.

"Check your phone," Jaein suddenly said. Jibeom took his phone out as well.