Review - 26

User Name: Anushka-Singh

Title: My Life Got A Reason

The book needs a more catchy title. It just looks like a plain boring human being ranting about how love transformed her.

Cover: Change the cover immediately. It’s too bland and plain and one won’t get mesmerized and start reading your book if you have this as your cover.

Summary: I don’t think I would click on the book reading the summary. It has such a cliche feeling in it. You’ve literally told the whole story in the summary and I don’t expect anything else from it. So why will I read it? And it looks like the same old story of nerd turning bad and meeting the love of her life. Well, you should rewrite the summary and leave some suspense so the readers can get intrigued.

Story: The description of Monday only gives me a bad vibe about the book. You attempted to be funny but it became humorless and cringy. And then comes the over-description of the MC. Some points were complete contrasts of each other. And she never behaves like a savage or a bitch. She does have some catchy dialogues, but the portrayal of a bitch? Sorry, I didn’t find anything like that. And ‘today’s day’ is a bad phrase, use ‘today’ or ‘this day’.

I think you should rewrite the book, especially the first chapter. Because it is a very important chapter in a book. And the first impression is most of the times the best impression.

Technically, the book was okay. You can include some more creativity in your writing and replace some common words with better words. Improve your vocabulary. Restructure the book and give it a better outlook. It’s the most important thing that you need to do earnestly. Do not use ‘but still’ because it’s grammatically incorrect. Either use ‘but’ or, use ‘still’.

I don’t know which kind of luxury University provides porters for the students. And always use three dots in an ellipsis. More dots doesn’t emphasize the use of them but make the sentence look weak. Use of multiple question marks gives the same impression.

Well, I thought most universities had separate hostels for girls and boys. But maybe I know too little and maybe it’s really important for your story so I’m not really stressing over it. However, ‘habit’ is always preceded by ‘a’ not ‘an’ because it has a consonant as its first letter.

The characters need more work and more reality in them. The friendship and tussle between the MC and the best friend is a good aspect of the story though and was one of the few things I didn’t see coming. Otherwise, most of the book was expected.

Rating: 4/10. You need a total makeover as I have already said. Maybe then the good plot will come out.

Wish you all the luck! :)

By HerSpectre