Review - 35

Title - The Awakening by Kay_Ro

Author - Kay_Ro

Cover:

The cover definitely belongs to the story but there was something that I noticed. The title was unreadable. It is to faded and small to really read it, and the title on the book is a major factor to a story. How else is someone to know what they are reading?

Title:

The title doesn't make sense unless you read the book. While it does go hand in hand of what the main character undergoes, it does not go with what is happening with the rest of the world. You don't even use the word as much as I would have expected.

Summary: 

There is so much going on in the summary. I believe one of the reasons that it felt overwhelming is how it is spaced. I'm not sure what you were going for there, but if it was for a dramatic effect I suggest doing one paragraph added your surprise  then finish it with a final paragraph, which leaves me to the last point. Shorten it up. You were trying to explain too much at once.  

Story:

I liked the describing words and the characters; I all ready started my fan-girl shipping waters within the first few chapters. Like many other writers out there, you do have some grammar errors, however, those are easy to fix. One thing that I found confusing was the time sequence. The jump from the epilogue to the first chapter, to the count down in days. Which, by the way, took me forever to figure out. I actually had to spend extra time flipping back and forth to see the connection and no reader should have to do that.

Overall:

Obviously there are some kinks to work out. I still find the story highly exciting and I really want to meet the rest of the characters mentioned in the summary. The plot is wonderful and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

Rating: 

5/10

By - ReviewGal