-7-

I sat at the back of the bus by myself, it was completely silent around me and I knew if I opened the door just a crack then a wave of sound would hit me from the others. I stared out the window, watching the roads spin past and suddenly i knew what the lyric 'sometimes quiet is violent' meant.

All these thoughts spun around my head, the talk I had with Josh a few nights before, the way I told him about Jacob. Now Jacob, the look on his face when he proposed, fake. The words he had spoken to me about how much he loved me, fake. The note he wrote that held the few simple letters that broke me, real. A tear slipped down my face which I had to quickly wipe away as the door opened and the fluffy haired boy who I had come to adore slid in.

"Hey there pretty" he smiled, taking a seat.

"Hey fluff what's up" I leant over and felt his hair, it was as fluffy as I had hoped. He chuckled at my gesture before he noticed my eyes.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, it was one tear but somehow my eyes had 'I've been leaking' written all over them.

"No" I said too quickly, he raised his eyebrows before moving closer to me.

"Do you want me to get Brendon? Sarah? Lillie?" He asked as if he was panicking. I slipped my hand into his and then realised I had just made a move on him.

"I'm okay" I smiled but he wasn't buying it, he reached up and wiped a tear that i didn't know existed.

"Tell me what's wrong" he demanded, I shook my head. I went to move my hand from his but he held on tightly. "Sage" he warned.

"You know, I was just sitting in silence and my thoughts attacked me you know? Ironic huh?" I confessed, he let out a deep breathe.

"You will tell me if you aren't okay?" He asked, I paused.

"Why do you care so much?" I doubted him, he shook his head as if I was an idiot.

"I would be stupid not to, you are probably one of the most amazing girls I've ever met" he adverted his eyes from mine, letting me blush freely.

"Thank you" was all I could find the strength to say, I pulled his hand so he moved forwards and pulled him into a hug. I soaked up all of his scent before he kissed my cheek and let go.

"Okay now what I actually came in here for" he laughed which made me laugh. "My hair is kind of pink...do you see?" He shoved his hair in my face.

"Yes I do" I laughed, he sat up straight and whipped out a box from his pocket. It was bright red hair dye.

"I need you to dye my hair" he smiled.

"Now?" I asked, not returning his smile.

"Yeah, you are a professional...right?" He asked patronisingly.

"Josh we are on a moving vehicle" I pointed out, he rolled his eyes and stood up.

"Amateur" he muttered but I knew he was joking. I grabbed the box from him and stuck my tongue out.

"Challenge accepted" I stood up and walked out of the room. The wave of sound hit me as I stepped out into the open area, Josh followed me into the bathroom where he shut the door behind us. "Okay lets do this" I smiled, I secretly really enjoyed it.

"Don't mess it up too badly" he looked nervous now as I poured the dye into the bowl given. I put on my gloves as Josh made his hair wet. He took off his shirt and put his head in the shower, I couldn't help but look at his tattoos.

"This is going to be fun" I giggled which made Josh frown. He sat on the toilet seat as I stood in front of him.

"Do you know what my hair was before?" He asked, I shook my head in response. "I've had blue, purple, pink, black-"

"Oh I saw a photo of you with like shaved sides and a Mohawk of black hair" I laughed at the memory of Brendon trying to cheer me up one day with a picture of Josh.

"Not my best look I admit but at the time I liked it" he laughed with me. "Have you ever dyed your hair?" He asked.

"Once, when I was fifteen the guy I liked told one of my friends he only dated blondes" I started.

"You didn't" he gasped but I could tell he wanted to laugh.

"I went out and bleached it, it looked terrible and I immediately hated it." I laughed while applying the dye to Josh.

"What about the guy?" He asked.

"Oh we dated for a solid six months" I confessed which made Josh burst into laughter. "Stay still" I commanded, he stopped laughing and just stared at the floor, probably because my boobs were at eye level with him.

"I reckon you could rock colour, like Lillie and her pink hair" he said.

"Lillie could rock anything, I'm happy with my dark hair." I shrugged, I massages his head slightly as I made sure the dye was everywhere. I took off my gloves and put them in the bin.

"Am I beautiful?" Josh asked, cupping his face.

"Always" I winked as I washed my hands, he chuckled before moving behind me to look in the mirror.

"You've done a pretty good job" he complimented.

"Wait twenty minutes then make your judgement" I laughed but he shook his head. I exited the bathroom and walked into the main area.

"What were you two doing in the bathroom together" Tyler wiggles his eyebrows.

"Dying Joshes hair" I said casually which made his eyebrows stop.

"We will be in Illinois in about an hour" Brendon said, he had completely ignore Tyler's comment about Josh and proceeded to change the subject. So far on this trip I had been to so many different states and it's only been two months. I still had another ten and honestly I couldn't wait.

Twenty minutes later Josh came into the area and pointed at his hair, I got up and followed him back into the bathroom where he took off his shirt once and again and threw his head in the shower.

"Why do you need me for this part?" I giggled, he shrugged as he ruined a perfectly good white towel with red dye.

"I like your company" he said just loud enough for me to hear. I decided not to reply just in case I made things uncomfortable so I sat on the toilet seat and watched him dry and style out his new hair.

"Why is your hair so fluffy?" I asked, standing up to feel with it.

"Why are you obsessed with my hair?" He asked as I put my hand down.

"Because it's fluffy" I giggled which made him smile.

"What do you think?" He turned to me, I grinned to show I liked it.

"It's fluffy" I repeated, he rolled his eyes and went back to the mirror.

"What about the colour?" He asked, fiddling with it.

"Beautiful" I complimented, he smiled.

"Always" He blew me a kiss before exiting the bathroom. I followed him and listened when everyone oooed and aaahed his hair. He threw an arm around me a pointed at my face.

"It's all down to this girl" he squeezed me while I rolled my eyes but his grin was too much to handle so I ended up smiling too.

———————————————————
I actually have a plan for this guys, stay with me.