-47-

"I can't believe I'm getting married in exactly four weeks" Lillie squealed, she was spinning around in her wedding dress in her new huge house. She forgot to mention that Shane was richer than the Kardashians so when she showed me her place I was more than surprised.

"You look beautiful" I smiled towards her before looking round her bar tray for something of taste.

"Do you want to get married Sage?" She asked while pressing her dress down against her stomach.

"Yeah but to the right guy" I picked up a bottle of Champagne and smiled mischievously.

"You don't think Josh is the right guy?" She asked, I turned around to look at her.

"If he were the right guy I would be with him right now" I put the champagne back and looked for something stronger. Lillie rolled her eyes and unzipped her dress.

"People make mistakes Sage" she said patronisingly.

"Not repeatedly Lil" I mocked her. She stepped out of her dress and hung it back up before turning to me.

"I'm just saying, I was pretty much there through your whole relationship. You two are and always will be madly in love" she said wisely.

"If we were madly in love, we would've spoke by now" I found tequila and showed her. She rolled her eyes.

"He did what he did because he loved you" she defended.

"He lied to me because he loved me?" I asked her as if she was stupid.

"People do stupid things when they love someone, you know that" she pushed.

"Lillie stop" I poured myself a shot of tequila, she took it from my hand and put it on the tray.

"He's the one Sage, I know it" She grinned.

"There's no such thing as the one" I mumbled.

"Yes there is, Shane is mine and Josh is yours" she pushed her smile towards me.

"Josh is not the one, he loves Debby" I downed the shot.

"Oh Sage stop saying that. He told you repeatedly he didn't and you didn't believe him. That's why he kept it from you! If he loved Debby, they would be together right now" She bursted.

"You're blaming this break up on me?" I asked, clearly offended.

"No! I'm just saying you are giving Josh a really hard time for something that's forgivable" she threw her robe over her.

"How would you like it if Shane met up with his ex behind your back!"

"Two of Shane's exes are coming to our wedding! I'm still friends with past boyfriends and don't act like you wouldn't invite Aaron to yours!" She fought.

"I would never invite Aaron!" I gasped.

"Yes you would because I know you. He was a big part of your life and helped you a lot, you've told me all of this yourself. He's an ex." She was throwing things at me left right and centre.

"Oh hardly!" I fake laughed.

"I'm just saying Sage. Exes can be friends and sometimes you just have to deal with that." She shrugged but I will still angry.

"I dealt with it!" I shouted.

"And look how it turned out! You are both miserable and wanting to see each other but are so wrapped up in your own little worlds you are completely oblivious to the fact that one of you could pick up the phone and this would all be okay" she handed me her phone. I stared at the contraption before raising my eyebrows.

"Why are you doing this?" I complained.

"I hate seeing you like this. You clearly miss him and I think that there's nothing stopping you from being together if you want it" she nodded towards the phone.

"There is something and she rhymes with Sebby" I rolled my eyes.

"She's a nice person Sage! You can't hate someone because she dated Josh before you. They are friends because it didn't work out between them, they left on a good note and that is why they are still friends" she explained

"What would I even say to him?" I asked, sounding like a teenage girl.

"Hi is a good start" she smiled. I stared at the phone until she took it out my hand and dialled his number. My heart raced as it rang and then as if by magic; he answered.

"Hello?" He called down the phone. My face softened as he spoke and suddenly I missed him ten times more. "Hello? Lillie is that you because this is your number?" He said, Lillie was nudging me to say something but I just wanted to keep listening to what he had to say. "Oh well" he said and hung up. My heart dropped and I looked up at Lillie as if I didn't understand what had just happened.

"Why didn't you say anything!" She bursted.

"He sounded sad" I analysed, she gave me a confused look.

"He sounded like Josh" she laughed but I shook my head.

"No he sounded sad" I confirmed.

"Okay, he sounded sad. What are you going to do?" She asked, getting excited.

"Nothing, I'm going to see him in a month" I shrugged but on the inside I was desperate to see him, I was craving to hear his voice again. She looked as disappointed as I was with myself about the phone call. The phone vibrated and I looked down to see a text from Josh.

Hey Lil, hope everything with the weddings going well. I think you just accidentally butt dialled me but it happens. Anyway, I will see you in a month for the big day. Hope Sage and you are well. -Josh x

I read out the text to her and she grinned massively. He mentioned me, I couldn't help but feel like a teenage girl again.

"Oh Sage he wants to know if you're okay. God bless him" she kissed her phone and poured us both glasses of champagne. "To the one! Shane and Josh are lucky men" she giggled.

"Please shut up" I rolled my eyes before downing the champagne.

————————————-
This is so short and I'm so sorry, I will try to make it longer in editing but I'm planning the ending for this book so it's just a filler chapter while I prepare for that.

Let me know what you think :)